i30 Owners Club

New car (i20N) dilemma

Paolo5 · 5 · 1205

Offline Paolo5

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Hi guys,
I have a dilemma here.
Late last year I put a $500 deposit on an i20N.
The devil made me do it.. :evil:

I have an immaculate 2010 FD diesel and a Getz in amazing condition...which...thanks to Covid I hardly get to drive these days. Both are joys to own and drive and I would find it hard to sell either.

A big part of my joy in having a car is keeping it in pristine condition....hence having 2 older cars I had the same car for 24 years prior to Hyundais (and a Renault that crashed and a Camry that didn't do it for me....)

The i20N was due to arrive in April 2021 but has been delayed.

It has now been made and is on its way to Oz. It should be with the dealer mid October.  :crazy1:

Early reviews are glowing.

Whenever I return from a drive in the Getz I find myself saying "GOOD BOYYYY!" It really is fun to drive and is like an old mate to me.
My diesel is just like new and fabulous to drive as well.

The deposit is refundable.
I only have cover for the 2 Hyundais so one would have to go out in the weather, which I am not willing to do.

My current thought is to get the deposit back and be happy with my 2 beaut cars...what do you think, guys?

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Tough decision to make.
I don't know what I'd do.
Good luck with whatever you choose.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline josh1990

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
You might be better to get the new car and sell rather than get deposit back. Market is funny atm. If this is the way you go, make sure you look into it and do the sums yourself, I'd hate to lead you up path. But I've heard multiple people making a few k off selling to peeps that can't wait

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
That really is a tough one to decide and even tougher to advise. I love my 09 Firty and I enjoy keeping her pristine as much as you do. I'm not ready to part with her for any reason right now.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
A little i20N would be nice :goodjob2:

Second hand cars are going for top dollar at the moment so I reckon make the most of the change over savings :)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal