i30 Owners Club

Price of Diesel going up

Lakes · 16 · 4586

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Hi All,
well just yesturday i saw in sydney the price of Diesel have gone higher than unlead, for first time in months.

Offline michael_i30

• 2nd Gear

• Central Coast, NSW, Australia
Filled up today.

Was 2 cents more than regular unleaded (not the e10 stuff)

Was premium diesel though and the only diesel on offer from my regular local servo.

Must have switched over sometime in the last 2 weeks as last fill was regular diesel from the same servo.

Think I paid $1.25 per litre.  Minimal difference for the benefit of only having to fill twice a month and getting more than 1000 KMs per tank :-)

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
Filled up today.

Was 2 cents more than regular unleaded (not the e10 stuff)

Was premium diesel though and the only diesel on offer from my regular local servo.

Must have switched over sometime in the last 2 weeks as last fill was regular diesel from the same servo.

Think I paid $1.25 per litre.  Minimal difference for the benefit of only having to fill twice a month and getting more than 1000 KMs per tank :-)

Michael which servo is it? I think you might have been duped. Premium diesel fuel is available in Sydney and Wollongong at Caltex's only.

I have seen some places pass biodiesel fuel blends off as 'premium diesel'

As for the price up here in Newie, it's been fluctuating a fair bit (reminds me of when I used petrol) and some places have it much cheaper, others more expensive than petrol. Rather strange, you have to pick carefully.

Regards

Daniel

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Daniel, i thought the same, but a guy on another forum with VW Golf TDI posted he buys BP Ultimate Premium Diesel on north shore ( can't remember sub ) others questioned him about that too. i think could try to contact BP or Caltex they could have increased outlets.

would be good to know them all.

Offline michael_i30

• 2nd Gear

Michael which servo is it? I think you might have been duped. Premium diesel fuel is available in Sydney and Wollongong at Caltex's only.

Hi Daniel,  was Caltex in Lake Haven (on the Central Coast).  Checking the caltex site it's not listed.  The pump was definitely labeled premium diesel which it wasn't ~2 weeks ago.

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
Interesting, I hope they bring it to Newie soon.

Regards

Daniel

Offline michael_i30

• 2nd Gear

Interesting, I hope they bring it to Newie soon.

Regards

Daniel

I rechecked the Caltex site.  The PDF with locations was last updated in 2007 ??

The pump was definitely different as when I pulled in I was wondering why the handle seemed smaller and was now orange.

Return trip to a customer today of about 250 KMs and sitting on 5.2 L/100KM which is definitely better.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
you can tell Vortex premium diesel as it does not foam as much, my motor runs nice on it, but i have never seen a gain in economy

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Here the prices have also risen a bit.
Now it costs AU$ 1,86 But that's still much lower then the prices from last year ($2,3 ..)

Offline Jon

• 2nd Gear
I rechecked the Caltex site.  The PDF with locations was last updated in 2007 ??

Use the search - it was updated on Wednesday: http://www.nowwhere.com.au/caltex/austlocator/search.aspx

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
That's a handy link M8 - shame vortex Diesel not available in Tassie yet
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Diesels gone up 2ppl today here.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
That's a handy link M8 - shame vortex Diesel not available in Tassie yet

Dazz should put the link were more can see it, as if more use it here then it will go to other states, i felt same about BP they have Ultimate Premium Diesel in WA only but a guy on another sight say's he uses ultimate premium diesel in his Golf TDI in sydney i was going to check out that servo but no time.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Dazz should put the link were more can see it, as if more use it here then it will go to other states, i felt same about BP they have Ultimate Premium Diesel in WA only but a guy on another sight say's he uses ultimate premium diesel in his Golf TDI in sydney i was going to check out that servo but no time.

Done  :wink:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Thanks Dazz, i had to go to Parramatta today so went down to the caltex on woodville road guilford filled up with Vortex premium diesel cost $1.34.9 but fills fast right to to was hardly any foam at all, car loves it seems to pull smoother from low revs, just runs very nice on it.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal