i30 Owners Club

Pollen filter

Raid · 35 · 10112

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Isn't the pollen filter replacement included to the annual service? In Finland it is, with a rip off price of course.

According to this (link) it is only ever inspected on a routine service (applies to the UK only).

Yup inspected - replaced if required.  Mine always seems to need replacement.
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Toyota dealer tried that on with my wife's Corolla. About $90 fitted.  About $20 for a Ryco filter at Super Cheap.
I must admit I haven't got around to replacing it yet, nor my Hyundai nearly 6 years old one.
Is it just me? Having driven for nearly 50 years without pollen filters I can't get enthusiastic about them.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Toyota dealer tried that on with my wife's Corolla. About $90 fitted.  About $20 for a Ryco filter at Super Cheap.
I must admit I haven't got around to replacing it yet, nor my Hyundai nearly 6 years old one.
Is it just me? Having driven for nearly 50 years without pollen filters I can't get enthusiastic about them.

I get hay-fever - can get it very bad (chest infection) when doing certain things - so I haven't worried too much about them replacing it.  Of course my next service (big 90k) will be outside of warranty - so I will probably change it myself in future.

When mowing the lawns I wear an organic vapor respirator - paper masks don't fit me well enough - while, to an extent, it is over the top (being it is the primary purpose I got it) in terms of filtering... it certainly works.  And, of course, I can also use it for things it was designed for - vapuors from paint solvents/chemicals, etc., not that I am often dealing with them.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 04:19:39 by ibrokeit »
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I'm mildly allergic to pretty much all grass and seeds but get by. My wife is asthmatic but the car doesn't worry her. In fact, in the past a drive in the car with windows down, or up with aircon on, gives her some relief.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
If you remove the filter you would be surprise how dirty it is. I checked mine for a 2 years old car is very dirty but will make sure I check it and change it whenever I do a servicing If I have to and its a 5 mins job.
  • I30 active 1.4 petrol 2013

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal