i30 Owners Club

This might be difficult to answer- fuel econony-driver only & full load

Offline alan2938

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      South Yorkshire UK
Has any one monitored the difference in fuel economy, driver only and driver, plus full load, over a similar mileage?

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Good question...   I am guessing it would be significant, especially if the three passengers were my size.   I can feel the difference when moving off with a full load.

It'll be interesting to see if anyone has the differential analysis, and if it's as bad as I think it might be, they're all gonna have to get out and WALK   :rofl: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I don't think it is that significant actually .. Bit different if you are towing something where you have extra wind resistance etc... 

But.. when I carted a large number of bricks in our previous CRDi  :-[  :wacko:... I only noticed about .2 LPH difference according to the trip computer ..

I made a point of testing it (I reckon they would have been equivilent to having 4 adults in the car..)  :winker:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
I agree with Dazz, if your towing a trailer it will efect economy a lot more as wind resistance + load.
i managed to carry four people with luggage for over 1,000k without refilling tank  think economy was in the 5's this is with the U motor & 5 speed manual. but not trip computer

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal