i30 Owners Club

I was starting to think......

Lakes · 33 · 5581

ouri30
Lakes,

I had to remove the healight unit (easy once you know how - 2 x phillips head scres and 1 x hex head bolt) and then it is a breeze.

No, I didn't fiddle with the adjustment.  High-beam is much brighter, penetrates further and gives better brightness on the fringes, which helps with country driving.  Low beam is definitely brighter and I gusee you could adjust upwards although I've not found it necessary to do this.

Bob

Offline donc

• 3rd Gear
donc,
You can go the Thumper way or you can do what I have done and fit better quality halogen globes. I've fitted Osram Nightbreakers and I can really notice the difference - took me about 20 minutes (max) to change.
Thanks Bob - Any comparisons on the Osram Nightbreakers -v- HiD bulbs? Which is the better option? Not too worried about the cost, a good set of spotties plus mounting hardware would cost around $600

ouri30
Any comparisons on the Osram Nightbreakers -v- HiD bulbs? Which is the better option? Not too worried about the cost, a good set of spotties plus mounting hardware would cost around $600

donc,

I thought about HIDs but considered them a major hassle to fit and wire plus the possible legal issue with HIDs in Australia.  I know Thumper has had his looked at and approved, but I am not convinced they are legal in an i30 because of the lack of both self levelling headlights and washers/wipers.  

I can't compare the halogen upgrade with HIDs, but can say the Nightbreakers are an improvement on the standard halogens.

Wouln't mind seeing some photos of spots fitted to an i30 and how it is done.  Would consider doing this if they looked the part.  Who's going to be the first.

Bob

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal