i30 Owners Club

Wing Mirror Indicators?

DanUK · 17 · 7489

Offline DanUK

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Milton Keynes
Hi there from the UK

I'm seriously considering buying an i30 1.6 CRDI Auto Premium (The top model over here) and wonder if anyone can help me..

They have just launched an i30 estate over here which in Premium spec comes with Wing mirror indicators, however the hatchback does not - Are these wing mirrors able to be transplanted onto the hatchback without any problems?  The mirrors lookindentical to me, just minus the indicators..  Does the hatch back come with these wing mirrors in Australia?

Many thanks in advance for any help/advice

Dan

Offline Waja

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

• Hyundai i30 CRDi '07 100,000km
hey danUK,

im not sure if anyone from THIS forum has done it yet, but you are able to buy the wing mirror indicators; for example http://www.koreanautoimports.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=31_158_270&products_id=1146&osCsid=8b85c8fee74325c9e1cdcd2d734c3a75

there are a couple of pics that dazz put up that have modded i30s with the wing side mirrors as well, so it shouldnt be too bad? but since the side mirrors have the heating element in there...im not sure whether the new ones will? mite have to ask someone who has made the change...

and in aust, the hatch doesnt come with the wing mirrors. i think that its only the estate or after market.\

hope that helps!

soz edit: the heat function does work

"These high quality replacement side mirror housings with fully integrated LED
Amber (Orange) turn signal lights and LED White door lights will provide a luxurious appearance. Existing mirrors, controls and functionalities remain in tact (i.e Power, heat). Comes pre-painted in Black, Silver, and White, simply choose the color using the down down tab below. All wiring and hardware included for a professional installation."

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hi Dan, welcome to the club.

I can't see there being too much of a problem substituting the original door mirrors for the indicated ones, other than getting the cables through for the bulbs. I too had a look at the wagon when I was last at my dealership and must admit the indicators look good, if not for safety but for looks. Also, it had no side repeaters.

If you're looking at the Premium, remember that the mirrors also have a motorised autofolding mechanism, so you'd have to make sure that aspect was retained in any replacement you looked at.

PS.. I'm sure the 2.0 CRDi Premium Auto is the top model at the moment.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Hi DanUK

The best way to confirm would be to go into a dealers and ask.

I've found mine to be very helpful and if they don't know the answer they do find out for me.

ps. If you enter your location in  profile it helps when discussing etc
Which football team do you follow?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline DanUK

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Milton Keynes
Thanks for your replies guys - much appreciated..  So general consensus is, as long as the functions on the indicator wing mirrors from the estate match those of the standard hatchbck (heat/electric folding etc) they shouldn't be a problem to fit?  

eye30..  where abouts are you and who is your local dealer? I did ask the question at mine but the response was a straight ''oh no thats not possible'' without any explanation as to why...  But obviously, I beg to differ (hense this post)

Cheers
Dan

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: "DanUK"
So general consensus is, as long as the functions on the indicator wing mirrors from the estate match those of the standard hatchbck (heat/electric folding etc) they shouldn't be a problem to fit?  
Also the connectivity for the indicators themselves will need to find their way through to the new mirrors

Good luck
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

I'll be calling at my dealers during the next week to confirm date for service so I'll ask and let you know what they say.

Offline DanUK

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Milton Keynes
Thanks very much - look forward to your response  :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Dan,

Welcome to the club..This question is what this club is all about (We love helping our fellow members  :P )
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline DanUK

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Milton Keynes
Hi dazzling - Thanks  :)

Is that a pic of your own car flashing away there?  I see this car has the very same wing mirrors im referring to..  are they a factory fit?

cheers
Dan

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

No Probs...It's my car but the flashes on the wing mirrors are a photo shop enhancement unfortunately.... :roll:

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi Dan,

Welcome to the club.
You mention that the i30 estate has just been released in the UK. I have seen some images of it and it looks alright. Hyundai Australia have'nt confirmed it will be released here yet. If is though, it will be called an i30 wagon. Estate has a much classier ring to it.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Quote from: "EymaTeapot"
Hi Dan,

Welcome to the club.
You mention that the i30 estate has just been released in the UK. I have seen some images of it and it looks alright. Hyundai Australia have'nt confirmed it will be released here yet. If is though, it will be called an i30 wagon. Estate has a much classier ring to it.

Here is a link to Hy UK web site and the estate.

Click on the greyed out writting for more info.

http://www.hyundai.co.uk/newCars/i30estate/

Offline DanUK

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Milton Keynes
eye30...  Did you manage to get any info out of your dealer?

Cheers
Dan

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

In theory they say it should fit etc BUT it will depend on the wiring.

They think that the wiring should already be in place but may depend on when the car was built.
They are assuming that ALL models have the same wiring loom but from experience early models may be a problem if they didn't have this in mind when the wiring looms were being made.

Suggested that the only way would be to check the wiring out but this would mean taking off a mirror etc.

Also the housing colour of the mirror may not exactly match.

I'll ask again in 2 weeks when car in for service.

DanUK, Any pointers from looking at the fuse box i.e any indication for spare indicators??

Offline DanUK

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Milton Keynes
http://www.hyundai.co.uk/newCars/i30/limited/

This kind of answers the question really doesn't it!!  :D  I would imagine all i30 models built late 2008 will have the wiring to support these wing mirrors..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Looks good Dan... ;)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal