i30 Owners Club

Another I30 turbo failure & warranty issue

Offline grumble

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Tuggeranong, ACT
hi folks,  I have a similar issue in that the turbo on my i30 packed it in last week at about 108000kms and just inside the 5 years.   Warranty claim not accepted due to lack of evidence of servicing in earlier years.  I have had it 3 years out of the 5 since it was built.  Is turbo failure a common or usual problem does naybody know?  Any thoughts or advice would be very welcome please.

Administrator Comment (separated from this thread)
  • Hyundai i30 turbo diesel

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
hi folks,  I have a similar issue in that the turbo on my i30 packed it in last week at about 108000kms and just inside the 5 years.   Warranty claim not accepted due to lack of evidence of servicing in earlier years.  I have had it 3 years out of the 5 since it was built.  Is turbo failure a common or usual problem does naybody know?  Any thoughts or advice would be very welcome please.

Did they define lack of evidence?
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Like I said previously, I would not consider turbo failure as common. You have been fairly unlucky at that mileage and age..
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline grumble

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Tuggeranong, ACT
lack of evidence is that I can't prove earlier services were done - before I bought the car from a dealer.

Offline grumble

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Tuggeranong, ACT
unlucky indeed - if it isn't a common or unusual problem than I would have expected it to perform well so long as it was serviced etc.

Offline mick 62

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Maitland, NSW
 Do you have a service passport ? - there should be some form of service history, if not they will refuse warranty. How long have ( kms) you been getting it serviced & have you been doing it at a Hyundai dealer ? I believe they may have a data base of your cars history if it had been serviced by Hyundai before. Did you buy it from a Hyundai dealer ?
  • 2010 i30

Offline grumble

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Tuggeranong, ACT
Yes, I have the service book and it is not complete for the relevant services.  I have had it serviced as required for the 3 years I've had it, not always at Hyundai but always at reputable place.  Was not bought from Hyundai dealer.  I'm told there is a central data base for any warranty work but not for services - each dealer has those records.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal