i30 Owners Club

wet carpets and boot

Offline stevegos

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      lincolnshire
hi all and merry christmas and a happy new year to you all
right had the i30 for some time now over the last 2-3 weeks noticed alot of condesation on the inside of the windows
this moring had a look round and found the spare wheel well with possibly 2 1/2 3 inches of water in it no tell tale signs as from where
after closer inspection both rear foot wells are wet and the drivers side footwell also
is there any known problems or leak areas to look at first please any help would be great many thanks steve
  • i30 premium 1.6 crdi

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
I had a Rover 75 with this problem. It turned out to be a cabin air exhaust vent that had popped out of the aperture in the bodywork, leaving a gap that water could pour through. It was hidden behind the boot trim on the inside, and behind the rear bumper on the outside. I suspect it was dislodged when someone took the bumper off to fit a towbar. All I had to do was snap it back into place and that solved the problem. Water ran across the boot floor and down into the rear foot wells. I had to take the carpets out to dry off as they were soaked through.
  • i30 CRD

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Presently, "possibly 2 1/2 3 inches of water in " anything would be a Xmas bonus.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
I had this exact same issue a couple of years ago on my 2011 FD.

It turns out that the idiots nice people who fitted the towbar messed up where the wiring harness goes from the outside through the bodywork and it caused water to run down behind the rear tail light cluster and into my boot.

Found the relevant thread: :link: Water getting into spare wheel well
  • 2007 A4 Avant 2.0T in Phantom Black. Ex-FD owner!

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal