i30 Owners Club

retrieve radio code while still working

macaz · 14 · 5533

Offline macaz

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      ayr queensland
hi all, does anyone know if its possible to get the radio unlock code while its still working, just to keep on record in case needed. i tried  selling dealer gladstone hyundai they say its not on record. tried hyundai australia, no luck. there was never a blue card with a code they say should be with the handbook that has never moved from glovebox, thanks
  • 2013, GD, 5 DOOR HATCH, PETROL 1.8lt, MANUAL, i30 active, WHITE.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
hi all, does anyone know if its possible to get the radio unlock code while its still working, just to keep on record in case needed. i tried  selling dealer gladstone hyundai they say its not on record. tried hyundai australia, no luck. there was never a blue card with a code they say should be with the handbook that has never moved from glovebox, thanks
Does it actually have a code? If it was not there when you got it new, and they have no record which they would if there was one I suggest there is no code. There's no code for my i40 and the stereo in that is very likely similar to the GD i30 around the same time. The FD i30 with the bluetooth Australian unit had a code, the  early FD did not.  Even if you lost the colde for the FD unit it's a simple prcoess of adding 1212 to the last 4 digits of the radio serial number. Is there anything in the radio handbook about a PIN?
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline macaz

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      ayr queensland
thanks very much for the info, i had been right through the book before i rang the selling dealer, the only mention was resetting audio after a battery change which would only be preset stations. i want to disconnect the negative terminal to see if i can clear the air bag light and was worried about the audio unit, thanks again.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
thanks very much for the info, i had been right through the book before i rang the selling dealer, the only mention was resetting audio after a battery change which would only be preset stations. i want to disconnect the negative terminal to see if i can clear the air bag light and was worried about the audio unit, thanks again.
Have you retrieved the code for the airbag light?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

There is a code for that! How does that work?  :eek:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
It's not the ID-10-T code, is it? :confused:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

It's not the ID-10-T code, is it? :confused:

Watch it you! I can spell!  :evil:

I have the power to demote you (on here)  :snigger:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :lol: I think that code is found stenciled into the underside of the 710 cap. You might need a left-handed screwdriver to help get it off, Dazz. :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:lol: I think that code is found stenciled into the underside of the 710 cap. You might need a left-handed screwdriver to help get it off, Dazz. :D

That's more like it.. Glad you are taking this seriously.  :whistler:

Gonz, like a well "OILed" machine when under pressure.  :victory:

Offline macaz

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      ayr queensland
hey no code i used a mate's code checker but apparently only certain checkers will check air bag light, not the model i used, no codes came up. i took the 7.5 amp and 15 amp fuses out for the module and air bag light after finding the removal tool in the engine bay fuse box and both ok. strangely no air bag light light came on when wife drove to town but she said it came back on after 10 minutes, it has been on all the time before that. no point disconnecting battery now anyway. i think it will be the clock spring only after 70000 k/m's.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
That kind of inconsistency does suggest something like a bad connection, especially if you've checked fuses.

The adventure continues! :crazy2:

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

There is a code for that! How does that work?  :eek:
Air bag light means there's an SRS system error, it will have a code .

Offline macaz

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      ayr queensland
the code checker i used is an AUTEL AL519, apparently i need a AUTEL MD802 or a LAUNCH CREADER airbag scanner, or a FOXWELL NT630.  i got that from youcanic.com when i googled the problem. i will post what i find if i buy or borrow one of these units, but nil came up with the one i used.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal