i30 Owners Club

i30 2009 BCM Location

Offline shwartscoff

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Hi All,

A large amount of internal items are not functioning correctly within my 2009 Hyundai i30.
I.e: Internal lights, Radio, Aircon, Central Locking, etc.

Its not any fuses and looking further it appears to be the BCM. (Confirmed by a large amount of mechanics).

I wish to replace this myself however cannot locate the BCM within the car?! It seems to be in a different location to every other model of Hyundai so please dont post videos of Elantras or Vectras I have seen them all.

Can anybody please give me the exact location of the BCM within my Hyundai i30 2009 Model?

Thank You
  • Hyundai i30 2009

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome. Sorry to hear of your issue. I'll let more technically minded members help with the BCM question. From what I understand though it could get complicated.  :sweating:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Hi All,

A large amount of internal items are not functioning correctly within my 2009 Hyundai i30.
I.e: Internal lights, Radio, Aircon, Central Locking, etc.

Its not any fuses and looking further it appears to be the BCM. (Confirmed by a large amount of mechanics).

I wish to replace this myself however cannot locate the BCM within the car?! It seems to be in a different location to every other model of Hyundai so please dont post videos of Elantras or Vectras I have seen them all.

Can anybody please give me the exact location of the BCM within my Hyundai i30 2009 Model?

Thank You
You poor thing, I was going to post some vectras up because  they're relevant. Did you type i30 BCM  by chance for a search on google?

Would have lead you here

:link: Central locking & interior lighting not working 2010 i30 1.6 CRDi

Check the fuse that powers the BCM and be sure it's good and has power just in case something's been missed. I thinkin that post they thought the fuse was good but then bad.

Also in case you still are unsure of locality, basically remove the whole centre fascia, it's in there.

If replaced you will need the OEM diagnostic to pair the remotes for entry and /or set the auto door lock feature and speed depending on your preference. Just depends what car is the donor as to what may be set already.

• i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
I don't see the BCM  interfacing with the radio or A/C which has me curious.

Room LP fuse 15amp feeds both the BCM and the AC control module

Audio Fuse 15 a for the radio

TW

:snigger:

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
expand on the A/C reset, is it the SLX with auto A/c?

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal