i30 Owners Club

Sewn leather cover steering

Offline petran58

• 2nd Gear

• gr Greece
      greece

• i30 2008 1.4 petrol
hello guys. I decided to change the steering wheel leather . I looked on the internet and found generally Sew Patches leather steering wheels that you put only your strand . you have something in your mind that fits for our own i30 2008 model. I say this because I saw some that were specific models specially made ​​as a cover.
  • i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I did this with one of my cars (not an i30) I found that it worked better to replace the supplied thread with elastic to stitch it up.  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
The best steering wheels I've had were a leather one on a 2007 40th Anniversary Ford Falcon GT which was thick & leather.   :D
Then a 1998 Momo wheel on a Fairlane by Tickford that was a combination leather & wood.   :)
But as far as Hyundais go, my daughter's 2006 MC Accent had a leather steering wheel that was streets ahead of anything I've seen on factory i30s, although I did replace my standard SLX wheel for a better quality leather wheel on my last (FD) i30.
I've left the Active i30 wheel as is although I do really like a quality leather steering wheel.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline OutOfFocus

• 2nd Gear

• nl Netherlands
      Friesland
I bought a genuine Chinese leather cover on eBay and fitted it on the silicon covered wheel of my 2009 i30
The original

Step 1:

The result:

• 2009 FD CW 1.6 vvti iCatcher

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Nice Job! I've covered the plastic wheels before with one of those, but can't really see the point of covering the leather wheel unless you like  a thicker feel!  :undecided:

Offline OutOfFocus

• 2nd Gear

• nl Netherlands
      Friesland
I'm 1.98 m and have big hands so i like a thicker feel. And i didn't like the silicon stuff on the wheel.
  • 2009 FD CW 1.6 vvti iCatcher

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I'm 1.98 m and have big hands so i like a thicker feel. And i didn't like the silicon stuff on the wheel.

That explains your moniker, everything is probably out of focus from way up there!

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal