i30 Owners Club

Workshop manual for Hyundai i30 2012

j0n21 · 9 · 3019

Offline j0n21

• 2nd Gear

• be Belgium
Hello everyone

So yesterday i bought  the  :link: Hyundai s 2012 - 2016 Workshop Service Repair Manual downloaded, installed it and everything was working good.

But today, when i start the program, it says that  the usage of gds unit is limited because it has not been updated in 4 weeks, and from there i can either log on (but i've no login and password) or exit the program...

I think the update is for the DiAG but i don't use that and i bought the program 28€ so i don't thing it include all of the GDS unit. Anyway i just want to use it for the workshop manual..

Does anybody experienced this issue ?

i hope i didn't bought it for nothing..

thanks
  • 2012 GD 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6lt, Manuel, White

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
Not sure about the virtual box version. The older version with VMware player acted up few times. I just deleted the unzipped file and took a copy of the original unzipped file and unzipped that. You still have the original download?

Also In some virtual machines it helps to change the date and time settings. Often there is some time limit to use the program. Adjusting the virtual machines time settings few weeks backwards the program usually starts to run again.
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Not sure about the virtual box version. The older version with VMware player acted up few times. I just deleted the unzipped file and took a copy of the original unzipped file and unzipped that. You still have the original download?

Also In some virtual machines it helps to change the date and time settings. Often there is some time limit to use the program. Adjusting the virtual machines time settings few weeks backwards the program usually starts to run again.
Mate can you explain paragraph 1 to me.

Was it simply a case of files being messed up and taking it back to the original download.

1. Deleted unzipped file
2. took copy of original "unzipped file" ( presume you're saying original download) and unzipped that.

how do you unzip a file that is unzipped? I guess you meant the original zipped file you downloaded and paid for.

The older FD VM file or I should say GDS to 2010 did not have that update reminder so it arrived in one of the update packs after that.

Have you seen an updated Spares catalog yet that's after  2012?

• i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Hello everyone

So yesterday i bought  the  :link: Hyundai s 2012 - 2016 Workshop Service Repair Manual downloaded, installed it and everything was working good.

But today, when i start the program, it says that  the usage of gds unit is limited because it has not been updated in 4 weeks, and from there i can either log on (but i've no login and password) or exit the program...

I think the update is for the DiAG but i don't use that and i bought the program 28€ so i don't thing it include all of the GDS unit. Anyway i just want to use it for the workshop manual..

Does anybody experienced this issue ?

i hope i didn't bought it for nothing..

thanks
If you had the GDS interface I bet you could use it for diagnostics and some programming.

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki

how do you unzip a file that is unzipped? I guess you meant the original zipped file you downloaded and paid for.

So basicly saying deleting the unzipped file. I mean that the virtual box image I got from the downloaded (unzipped) file, that I used to play around. Like you said, taking it back to the original downloaded version. Not seen a spares catalog for newer models either. I would guess someone sell one as the warranties are now gone with the early GD models.

oh sorry, I got that written wrong with the zipping and unzipping. I meant that I unzipped the copy of that original zipped file.

As these virtual desktops work like they do, I made few copies of the original download immediately I got it. I have 2 or 3 copies of the original download. I have 2 copies of the unzipped file which I have not used. Then I have 2 copies that are in active use. GDS images have worked better. I have only had to go back to the original few times over the years. With EPC it has been much more difficult. I have to go to original after every few months.

I have not yet updated the system to GD models as ours still have warranty. I guess next summer I have to get newer version when the warranty runs out.
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

So basicly saying deleting the unzipped file. I mean that the virtual box image I got from the downloaded (unzipped) file, that I used to play around. Like you said, taking it back to the original downloaded version. Not seen a spares catalog for newer models either. I would guess someone sell one as the warranties are now gone with the early GD models.

oh sorry, I got that written wrong with the zipping and unzipping. I meant that I unzipped the copy of that original zipped file.

As these virtual desktops work like they do, I made few copies of the original download immediately I got it. I have 2 or 3 copies of the original download. I have 2 copies of the unzipped file which I have not used. Then I have 2 copies that are in active use. GDS images have worked better. I have only had to go back to the original few times over the years. With EPC it has been much more difficult. I have to go to original after every few months.

I have not yet updated the system to GD models as ours still have warranty. I guess next summer I have to get newer version when the warranty runs out.
I went looking for my original, I was less careful, can't find it . EPC is still good :goodjob2:

Offline j0n21

• 2nd Gear

• be Belgium
So, i deleted the "Ova" file in VIrtualBox, re-installed it and now it's working.
I think if i'm not connecting the program to internet i can use the user manual and he's not asking for update
  • 2012 GD 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6lt, Manuel, White

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
So, i deleted the "Ova" file in VIrtualBox, re-installed it and now it's working.
I think if i'm not connecting the program to internet i can use the user manual and he's not asking for update
Correct, or open manual first then connect :goodjob2:

Offline OLDTIREDGRUMPY

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      WA
I bought one from Manual4you and it was not what I was expecting. My vehicle is a 2016 Hyundai i30 1.8l petrol GD4

The manual received was for a 2011 1.6l petrol i30.

In addition, the manual does not contain any index or list of contents that I can see. Also, while it is listed as a Service And Repair Manual, it does not contain a service schedule and to does not meet a fairly fundamental requirement for a service manual.

I try to contact them for assistance and there is no response at all
  • 2017, GD4, Petrol 1.8l, Auto, White

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal