i30 Owners Club

Hi from Mount Tamborine - Australia!

Offline Mountainlady

• 1st Gear
Hello All,

This is to let you know that there are some lovely car salesman at Hyundai Southport, Qld.  who have bent over backwards to help my hubbe and I after we purchased our new 2011 Diesel Hyundai i30 five door automatic hatch two weeks ago.

Things went really wrong, but they have stepped up to the plate and they are replacing it with the same car but now with Cruise Control.  We should have it by the end of this week or early next week. 

A lot of negatives are heard about car yard salesmen, on this occassion they have come to the party :happydance:  I look forward to watching this forum and adding to it (as long as I am not out of place being a 60yrs old female). :lol:

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
Welcome aboard Mountainlady. What a wonderful place you live in.   :goodjob2: :goodjob2:  Your forum name certainly suits your location.  :razz:

Your age and gender makes no difference in this wonderful forum. Anything you may wish to add will be well received.

Your first post is great. It's nice to get some positive feedback from members on good Hyundai dealers as they often get a bit of a bashing when things go wrong.

We have a lot of good fun on here, so I hope you come equipped with a good sense of humour.

Once again, welcome from a fellow Queensland.
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Welcome from me, too mountainlady.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Welcome Mountainlady, would you like to tell us what went wrong so bad that they're replacing the car. This forum is a great place and you can tell it like it is. We have 2 diesels in our family so naturally, I'm interested.  :neutral:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hi, and  :welcome: to the forum.

Thanks for a great first post and doing what is quite rare these days... giving positive dealership feedback when and where it's due  :goodjob:

... (as long as I am not out of place being a 60yrs old female). :lol:

By my reckoning, you just lowered the average age of the membership  :cool:

(BTW, I live in Lancashire  :mrgreen:)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Welcome to the club from Scotland :goodjob: :goodjob:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
welcome aboard mountainlady.  :razz:  we have members aged from 18 up to 75+  :goodjob2: :goodjob:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Now listen here YOUNG lady...   I can vaguely remember being that age <sigh>.....   Welcome aboard, what was wring with the car they gave you????    :welcome:

Online eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome Mountainlady

(as long as I am not out of place being a 60yrs old female). :lol:

just to show you are not "old" I'm nearer 100 than 0

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Mountainlady.. Sounds like an interesting story to be told  :whistler: :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Carrickferugs, Northern Ireland, UK

• My other car has no roof :O Mk1 MX5 1.8
Welcome a long, from somebody who is young enough to be your son ( no offence meant) just means I have to watch my language :P

Your story (as said above) seem very interesting, look forward to hearing more about it.

Health to drive with your new car
  • Premium 1.6 CRDi 2008 MY

Offline Mountainlady

• 1st Gear
Thank you all for such a lovely warm welcome!  Dont worry about your language, you should have heard mine when the car we intitally drove went wrong.........Ok...where do I start, I suppose I will have to watch myself as Hyundai might be reading this and we have not got the replacement yet :winker:
Arrived car yard to drive new car home and battery flat before we left showroom. Had to be replaced.  After 200klm husband driving home suddenly had the ESC,ABS,Brake lights all came on and stayed on. Car was running sluggish coming back up mountain.  Next day got in, lights all went off, everything Ok for trip to village 5 min. away. Half an hour later went to local club 3 min away, got in car and tried to reverse out of carpark and steering locked.  Car felt like handbrake was on, took ages to get home as car steering would not turn left or right.  If we had been going down mountain and this happened on a  corner with no barriers, we would have plummeted over side.
RACQ guy checked it that day, picked us up next morning in tow truck!  Car Yard gave us replacement vehicle.  Two days later they rang to say the "Steering Module" had to be replaced but after test driving it for a day, they still were not happy with performance. Two days or so later, rang again to say still not happy and more problems they had not encountered before, they did not say what other problems.  A week later, phone call to say they are replacing with another car and this one would have cruise control.  Just signed contract and take delivery end of week or early next week so look forward to any help from this forum if we need it.  The sales & service people have been nothing  less than professional and if you are ever looking for an i30 and live in the gold coast district, definately give these guys a go.  We are not affiliated in any way with this car yard, but we hear so much about the bad experiences people have with car salesmen and wanted to give credit where credit was due. :goodjob2:  I will attach a picture of our car when we get it, we are thrilled at the CC addition as it was not on the previous car.  I would have to say, the car must have had something really wrong for them to replace it and when we pick up the replacement I will find out if possible what the problems were.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
^-- great feedback Mounty :)

My guess is that the fault, should you ever get told, was/is a corrupt ECU program. They do that, you know :D
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
cripes Mountainlady, that sure is a tale.....   i assure you that you will be more than thrilled when you get a PROPER working i30.  Looking forwad to the photos  :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for the explanation "ML"

Fortunately the i30 is usually one of the most reliable cars on the road (so hopefully the other car should be faultless - touch wood)

I would let the dealership know you have sang their praises on here.. that will make them even keener to please  :whistler:

You live in a beautiful part of the country  :happydance:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
Wow, Mountainlady, what a tale of woe you have told :eek: :eek: It's good to know you can turn the air blue when the need arises. :happydance: :happydance:

You're right about what you have said regarding the steering problem if it had happened on the mountain. Coming up or down either Henri Robert Drive or Tamborine-Oxenford Road with a steering failure could have horrific consequences.

Like the other members who have posted, I'm sure you will be happy with your new i30 when you take delivery.

Good luck!!
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Thanks ML, take comfort in knowing just how many working I30's are out there with happy owners. You will be one too soon, I'm sure.

I wonder, they haven't started a production line in Greece recently, have they.  :whistler:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Carrickferugs, Northern Ireland, UK

• My other car has no roof :O Mk1 MX5 1.8
bad luck if ever i heard it, glad its getting sorted, and hope your replacement "Blows you away" not literally.. :)
  • Premium 1.6 CRDi 2008 MY

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Wow that sucks,

You have had a rough start. At least you'll get a new new one.....Many fight tooth and nail and lose
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline SRT Metro

• 6th Gear
  • i30CW 2.0 CRDi, 2009

• se Sweden
      Halmstad, Sweden

• Halmstad, Sweden's Riviera

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal