i30 Owners Club

Inside Door handle splinters and peeling! OUCH!

Offline Nancy.Nobody

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
On two occasions now, the front passenger inside door handle has injured me!
The silver covering splintered the first time and embedded a 1cm piece into my index finger, which was very painful to remove. The second time saw a razor sharp shard lift off the handle and cut my middle finger. We've had to file down the door handle shard so we can use the door handle.

Has anyone else experienced this type of problem with the door handles before? If so, has Hyundai offered any assistance, or did you have to fork out to pay for a new handle yourselves.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
On two occasions now, the front passenger inside door handle has injured me!
The silver covering splintered the first time and embedded a 1cm piece into my index finger, which was very painful to remove. The second time saw a razor sharp shard lift off the handle and cut my middle finger. We've had to file down the door handle shard so we can use the door handle.

Has anyone else experienced this type of problem with the door handles before? If so, has Hyundai offered any assistance, or did you have to fork out to pay for a new handle yourselves.

Hi Nancy, Quite common I'm afraid .. but the good news is it is a Warranty Fix  :goodjob:

But the bad news is they don't cover your medical expenses as far as I know  :whistler:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Nancy.Nobody

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Fantastic news - I was worried about impaling myself on the handle each time I was passenger.
Do they look at and fix all I wonder, or just the problem one?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Fantastic news - I was worried about impaling myself on the handle each time I was passenger.
Do they look at and fix all I wonder, or just the problem one?
Just the problem one.. I suspect even if it happened outside the 5 years they would probably fix FOC being it is a known fault.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal