i30 Owners Club

i30 elite media problem

Offline pyorkie

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Smithton NW Tasmania
Hi all
I just picked up my i30 Elite last week and have a few questions you may be able to help with. .... I hope

1    Does anyone know what the symbols on the maps are. ..... The manual is useless. ... Or where to find them
2    In USB screen I select options and set the the random to "all" but when I turn off the car and restart it resets to off. .. How do I keep this setting?
3    When I have the car in Acc mode (car turned off and 1 button press) when I listen to MP3's or radio I get "low battery - start car" after about 5 mins if I              don'tstart the car the unit will switch off by itself and the only way to turn it on again is to stat the car, pushing the power button does nothing.
4    When playing MP3's the unit will freeze for about 20 seconds. .... Pushing buttons won't help. ... Can't even turn off unit, but will then come back and play as normal, has happened twice.

Took it to service but they say the can't find anything wrong.

Any ideas or help would be greatfully accepted.

Thanks in advance
Peter
  • 2013 i30 elite

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Peter,

I'm from Tassie too.  :happydance:

Unfortunately I can't help but I'm sure others with your model can.

Need to be patient though as some only come on occasionally.

In the mean time have a look in the problems section or experiment with the search tool above.

Most dealers seem to be only any good if there is an error code or something visually obvious  :fum:

P.S. I moved it to a more appropriate section!

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I would be referring these questions to the salesperson that you bought the car from. Either they should show you how to fix what is wrong, or arrange for a replacement unit if it is behaving erratically. Unfortunately, there have been quite a few unit replacements in the current model.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Hi there

1.  What symbols are you talking about? , on my i40 with a similar (but European mapping) all the symbols are pretty obvious, a fuel pump for a service station a red cross for a hospital, a fork and knife for a restaurant, yellow arrows on the road indicating a delay, red arrows indicate a blockage, road works sign for road works etc.  Do you have different symbols from those?

2.  USB random all is not stored when ignition off, you have to select it again, there are many threads on here dating back to 2008 with people bemoaning that "feature".  This is not a fault.

3.  There is a huge drain on batteries in cars these days, sitting on ACC without the engine running is really a no-no, remember that your unit (even in radio/USB mode) is still operating the maps and bluetooth in the background as well as monitoring the climate in the cabin.  Many modern vehicles have this warning and auto switch off, part of the pain of all that technology.  Again this is not a fault.

4.  Never had a delay when playing through USB, other than at the very beginning whilst the system reads the contents of the drive, is yours delaying DURING USB playback???
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Hi Peter

:wttc:

Congrats on the new car, sorry I can't help with your questions.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I've experienced your #4 problem also on a few occasions.  I just hit the little reset button at the top left rather than wait, and every thing is fine again. I'm not sure who makes this HY system, but I can sometimes understand why so many Japanese cars have the 'after-market' look on their dash. They probably just do a full replace on the whole unit rather than muck around trying to fact find issues.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal