i30 Owners Club

I30 diesel - Sydney

Offline whaleshark

• 2nd Gear
Yo!!!

My i30 SX diesel manual baby got delivered today. I still cant believe it. Test drove on Saturday (11 Jul 09), liked it v much, the guys at Col Crawford Brookvale asked me when I want it. Told them ASAP and they said come back Tuesday (14 Jul 09).  It has 270km in it but who cares... I didn't want to wait for 12 weeks.

It's brilliant car! I think I made the right choice! :lol:

R's
Whale

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Yo!!!

My i30 SX diesel manual baby got delivered today. I still cant believe it. Test drove on Saturday (11 Jul 09), liked it v much, the guys at Col Crawford Brookvale asked me when I want it. Told them ASAP and they said come back Tuesday (14 Jul 09).  It has 270km in it but who cares... I didn't want to wait for 12 weeks.

It's brilliant car! I think I made the right choice! :lol:

R's
Whale

Congrats.. welcome to the club.. you made the right choice.. What colour did you get ?  :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline whaleshark

• 2nd Gear
it was a hard choice - couldn't decide silver or moonlight blue. took silver as it was available ASAP for delivery, otherwise, need to wait 12 weeks for the rest of colours I was told.

Colour basically tell you something about the driver personality.

apparently, they ran out of stock for manual diesel hatch, when diesel price collapse.... and new ones coming in by boat.

i'm going to tint the windows.... anyone has good recommendations where/who to look for?
I should have bargain that into the price, hindsight 20/20...

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
As far as tinting goes a reputable firm such as tint-a-car or extreem tinting shouldn't charge you more than $300 (hopefully less)

With a bit of luck a couple of our Sydney members will chirp in with some recommendations..

and if you search "tinting" on this site we have had a lt of discussions about it .. might have to go back a few months though..
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Jon

• 2nd Gear
Welcome whaleshark :)

I got tinting (as well as mats & an ipod cable) thrown in at Col Crawford, where I am picking up my SLX auto petrol hatch in approx 15 hours...I would have got the same except diesel, but they said there were none available in the foreseeable future :(

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Welcome :D :D
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome whaleshark
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline bulldog180

• 4th Gear

• england England
      UK

• Cullompton, UK

Offline jasonw

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• i30cw CRDi 1.6 Auto Vivid Blue
As far as tinting goes a reputable firm such as tint-a-car or extreem tinting shouldn't charge you more than $300 (hopefully less)

With a bit of luck a couple of our Sydney members will chirp in with some recommendations..

and if you search "tinting" on this site we have had a lt of discussions about it .. might have to go back a few months though..

Brings up a interesting quick story from last weekend, went with my brother-in-law as he wanted to buy a new car. Now considering i waited 8 weeks and my inlaws will get theres just short of 12 weeks he decided to get a holden cruze diesel. Got the guy to come over and sell you extra stuff (which i sort of hate in a way), he quotes my brother in law $330 for tinting. I said no thanks as i already got a quote from solartint for $215, should have seen the face....Priceless.

Also in laws are spewing as the brother in law is picking up his diesel cruze this saturday so 5 day turnaround, i told them the crdi is worth the wait.

Offline hayseed

• 3rd Gear
Also in laws are spewing as the brother in law is picking up his diesel cruze this saturday so 5 day turnaround, i told them the crdi is worth the wait.

So true.

I'm really not sure how much my tinting cost because I got it all in a bundle of other things like rust proofing, cloth protectants, etc.

Offline whaleshark

• 2nd Gear
Jon - Lucky you! U got a good deal.

Folks, thanks for the info... this website is great!

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
welcome whale shark,what did you pay for your car with 270ks on it. [im curiose]
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal