i30 Owners Club

bad LCD screen in stereo

Guest · 6 · 2377

myrrh55
I've noticed a couple of issues with my LCD screen on the stereo.

When I put my sunglasses on there are parts of the LCD screen for the stereo that turn black due to polarization.  It seems to be uneven molding in the clear plastic cover and not the LCD itself.  The screen for the aircon is perfect.  Anyone else have the same issue?

Also the stereo screen has some fine scratches on it that I didn't notice when picking up the car.   Dealer has so far been unhelpful in trying to get it resolved.  It's a minor issue but annoying.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi myrrh55,

Haven't had the issue with LCD on my stereo but I wear prescription sunnies which I don't think are polarised ..

The stereo screen seems very susceptible to scratching.. it has been mentioned by several on here..

I have been tempted to polish mine with a fine polish but scared of damaging it.. :rolleyes:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain
I have the same problem, I also got a polarized sunglasses.
But it doesn't bother me.
I can also see the tinting, some kind of dots in the film.

I love polarized glasses but they can somtime have strange effects on some objects, But I love how amazing clouds and ocean looks with them :cool:

myrrh55
thanks guys.  Now that I know it's not just me I'll stop obsessing over minor things and just enjoy the car :)

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen

The stereo screen seems very susceptible to scratching.. it has been mentioned by several on here..

I have been tempted to polish mine with a fine polish but scared of damaging it.. :rolleyes:

Dazz, I use a damp microfibre cloth, no scratches in over a year and you all know how often I am cleaning and polishing :D
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Dazz, I use a damp microfibre cloth, no scratches in over a year and you all know how often I am cleaning and polishing :D

I'm fussy too.. at the mo I'm using a finger about once a month... :lol:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal