i30 Owners Club

What a stuff-up but we got our i30 vivid blue

Offline oldmanwarrior

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Went to pick-up (our) my wifes i30 diesel manuel slx on the 23-7-09, got the keys and sat in the car ready to leave the dealer, shaked hands with the salesman, and went to put it in gear, then I thought the gearshift had changed to a automatic look-a-like :eek:, but no, someone registered an aut. in our name. Heaven and earth started moving, and after 2 hours we were promised next day delivery and have now done nearly 1000 km in a manuel
We do have a couple of questions we hope someone could answer for us:
1.. I've noticed the turbolag being a bit more noticeable than initially is that normal ?
2.. The distance between clutch and acclerator and seat position is abnormal. Both of us  (different heights) agree, that we have to lift or hold our foot back from acc.pedal because seat is forward enough to depress the clutch, so question is can clutch be adjusted ?
3.. No mute, I think thats a must have.
Otherwise very impressed with the power/fuelconsumption

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
did you get anything for your inconveniance,or just a big im sorry. :rolleyes  :eek:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi omw...

A big welcome to the club..

(1) I barely notice any turbo lag either now (after 39,000 kms) or when she was new .. I try and keep my revs between say 1800 and 2800 most of the time.. the i30 diesel does not accelerate well in first gear or from standstill (this is fairly normal for a diesel) but once on the move I can't fault mine..

(2) Neither myself or my wife have found the pedal positions to be unusual or uncomfortable (maybe yours needs adjusting)

(3) Just press and hold mode button on steering wheel to turn the stereo off it will resume if you press and hold mute button again...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline oldmanwarrior

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Got an extra tank of fuel, but we are not angry or upset, we just thought it was funny. They did ask us if we would purchase the car, I gave them an offer but it was declined. Mind you the aut. had our extras added like towbar etc.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
sorry,how rude of me :-[ welcome to the forum. :razz:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome and just enjoy the ride
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Blue

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle

• Newcastle, Oz
Welcome.

I had to adjust the reach on the steering wheel to get a comfortable fit.
Now, it fits like a glove.

If the initial turbo lag means when its cold, yes.. I put it down the ECU holding back on boost until it is at normal operating temps.

Offline LuciferDarklord

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Bindoon, W.A.

• Bindoon, Western Australia.
Welcome oldmanwarrior.  I find now the only time I get caught by the lag is if i'm waiting to turn in front of traffic, or entering into fast moving traffic - I have to remember to give her a bit of a rev to wake the turbo up before taking off - or I get stuck in that big ugly turbo-diesel hole.  Sometimes I give her a little too much and the traction control has to step in  :-[  But after a few weeks your brain just does it automatically.

Offline cruzingi30

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW

• NSW Central Coast i30 SLX crdi

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal