i30 Owners Club

Inner roof handle.

ABSi30 · 6 · 2334

Offline ABSi30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      The great Co. Durham.
On my Sept 2011 comfort both rear passengers have the use of a roof handle as do the front passenger. The driver does not have a on fitted to help when getting out of the car in tight places. ie home garage. If I got a light grey handle from a salvage yard would it fit above the driver. Together with fittings are there suitable holes under the roof lining if punctured with a pointed tool. Many thanks.
  • 2011 Comfort. 5door diesel 1.6 CRDi auto White.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Not really designed for that purpose.  more for stability whilst travelling, not lifting one's body mass.

I would expect the holes may be there but maybe no thread . You will have to pull the lining down to find out.
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I've got a gadget similar to this in my door pocket (works quite well if I'm having a bad day with my flexibility)

:link: Black Red Car Aid Cane Handle Glass Breaker Belt Cutter Auto Flashlight Car | eBay

If you search "Aid to get out of car" hopefully you'll find one locally.  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline ABSi30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      The great Co. Durham.
Many thanks for replies I have seen the hand aid that slips into the door pillar lock. Could be my next purchase. Just thinking about the roof fitting if all the car bodies are the same in left and right hand drive if the left hand drive has a passenger handle fitted the blank on the right hand drive should be threaded. Glad I can type much easier than trying to post pictures.  :crazy1:
  • 2011 Comfort. 5door diesel 1.6 CRDi auto White.

Offline yodm

• 3rd Gear

• il Israel
      Israel

• the older I get, the faster I was
I was thinking of buying a handle like this for my mother in law.
is it easy to use?
  • I30 CW 2010 1.6 petrol auto

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I was thinking of buying a handle like this for my mother in law.
is it easy to use?

If you are talking about the one I linked to, yes. Much easier than trying to pull yourself up from something above.

I've only felt like using it 3 or 4 times so far but it's a bit like pushing on the arm of a chair to get up compared with trying to get out of a chair without solid arms. Only people with mobility issues will probably be able to  relate to that.

To be honest  it came up on Facebook from a crowd called Phone Bibi in the United States and it cost me closer to A$20 I think. I never thought to check for other sources such as Ebay at the time (about 5 or 6 months ago)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal