i30 Owners Club

Anything Goes (except insults) Nothing Off Topic

Just Rick · 948 · 214906

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
try this one even worse LOL

Its Hulk Hogan :lol:

• Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
 :rofl: :rofl: the hair style and Moe is the same but not quite that white yet  :rofl: never even thought of B1 and B2,don;t hear much of them these days,maybe I should ring the brother and we could make a come back  :whistler: Oh and before someone picks it out I didn't have me riding shoes on,almost rode out with my flip flops on
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
That's a fierce, (good), photo Rick. :goodjob2:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
try this one even worse LOL
Are you a "B" cup?
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

ouri30
Not your best photo.  I liked the one with George better.

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Not your best photo.  I liked the one with George better.
yes ,me too have to find it and put it back up
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Gillards Shock Resignation from Parliament
www.nepeanvalley.com.au
Canberra is in shock as the Prime Minister has resigned her position in the cabinet. An emergency meeting of the labor caucus has been called to fill the new vacancy, Deputy Prime Minister Swan's office is expected release a statement in the next half hour..

ouri30
www.nepeanvalley.com.au
Canberra is in shock as the Prime Minister has resigned her position in the cabinet. An emergency meeting of the labor caucus has been called to fill the new vacancy, Deputy Prime Minister Swan's office is expected release a statement in the next half hour..

Yes, it's that day isn't it.   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:evil:  You're a very naughty boy.  :evil:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
 Re: DIY Negative Ion Generator
« Reply #42 on: Yesterday at 20:59:35 from: Rick on Yesterday at 11:51:26
Quote from: Gonz on March 29, 2013, 07:40:32
This time-tested tradition is the last link in the Air Force safety net to confirm that the pilot does not have his thumb up his ass.

''

So they see his right or left thumb,what is he doing with his other one

Air Force pilots only fly fixed wing aircraft, so if he (or she, but if chicks were meant to fly, the sky would be pink) is showing one thumb to the ground crew then his/her brain is overloaded, so therefore the other thumb will be doing nothing.

BTW Rick, nice riding gear.  Are you now a MAMIL?

Thought I would bring this one here,instead of getting further off topic in NIG,Jamie I have never been good with the letter thing,takes me weeks sometimes to work out what they are meant to mean so hve to ask what the heck is a MAMIL,have to be something about a man in Lycra.

Oh! and I do realise there has always been a rivalry between the forces,sometimes serious but mainly jovial.But IMHO they all do a great job,whether it be armed or civilian forces,like our hospital nursing staff I don't think any of the back bone workers of any of these establishments gets paid half enough for what they can and could do in the future,if we had less shiny bum administators or lying poloticians,maybe we could pay them all a little more,as the old addage goes more cheifs than indians,the cheifs get the money for doing F*#Kall and the indians get paid F*#Kall and do everything.

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
www.nepeanvalley.com.au

Yes, it's that day isn't it.   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:evil:  You're a very naughty boy.  :evil:

Yes I almost got caught myself,then though Oh crap it's April first,well we can all dream :whistler:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
www.nepeanvalley.com.au
Rick, April Fools jokes are supposed to end at Midday Or the joke's on you. Don't you remember that from school? :happydance:

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
You nearly got it, Rick. MAMIL is Middle Aged Man In Lycra.

From my experience the forces to take the Mickey out of each other, but will stand side-by-side when shit turns to trumps.

I also agree with your thoughts on all nurses/teachers/police/firies/ambos/etc. Underpaid and overworked "at the coal face".

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
www.nepeanvalley.com.au
Rick, April Fools jokes are supposed to end at Midday Or the joke's on you. Don't you remember that from school? :happydance:

:rofl:  I posted it well before midday HERE,I can't help it if you don't get out of bed early enough to read it before Midday YOUR time  :whistler: :rofl:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

The problem with pulling things in here is that when you read the original post a question is asked but there is no answer because it has been answered in here instead of in the original thread where the question was originally asked by the original poster so it gets a bit confusing because you have to read two threads instead of one as you would have done in the past due to the recent changes made of having a second thread to take over from the first thread when the original topic goes off topic.  :confused:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
The problem with pulling things in here is that when you read the original post a question is asked but there is no answer because it has been answered in here instead of in the original thread where the question was originally asked by the original poster so it gets a bit confusing because you have to read two threads instead of one as you would have done in the past due to the recent changes made of having a second thread to take over from the first thread when the original topic goes off topic.  :confused:

Now I've got no idea which thread to look at.  :wacko:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I want a "My Head Hurts" smilie.   :foottap:   :Pout:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
www.nepeanvalley.com.au

:rofl:  I posted it well before midday HERE,I can't help it if you don't get out of bed early enough to read it before Midday YOUR time  :whistler: :rofl:
Posted 13.24   my time. I was up at 0400 my time and in the surf at 0530 my time. What were you doing then? :whistler:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
I hope you're not suggesting that surfing @ 5:30 is a chore  :)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I hope you're not suggesting that surfing @ 5:30 is a chore  :)
Hey. It's the hardest thing I do all day. :cool: :P :happydance:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
I often remember your story about the thermos coffee and finding as nice spot to enjoy it. Wish I could train myself to do something like that.

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
www.nepeanvalley.com.au

Posted 13.24   my time. I was up at 0400 my time and in the surf at 0530 my time. What were you doing then? :whistler:

You mad or what 4.00am your time would have been 2.00am my time,I was still in bed,5,30am your time would have still only been 3.30 am my time,so I was still in bed,I only get up at 4.00am my time work days,plus today was my day to have a sleep in,you probably went out had your surf and came back and fell asleep on the couch or hammock  :whistler:  :lol:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Feeling chilly Rick? I just noticed you'd turned blue :P

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen

Now I've got no idea which thread to look at.  :wacko:

My Job Here Has Been Done :evil: :twisted:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
 :backontopic: of being  :offtopic:
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
actual Hy Invoice and ensuing actions by a female I30 owner,also the letter she wrote Hy,she was obviously a bit peeved as she has made a few small mistakes in her letter,but points out you have to watch the scamming basteds,I have preveiwed the post and it is very hard to read the invoice(I still haven't worked out how to link photo's),but the three Items highlighted
1 brake fluid flush $74.75
2 All Tyres Low on Tread,RHF Unroadworthy
Bridgestone Firestone $130ea
3 Power Steering Flush $95,00

Dear Hyundai, I recently took my Hyundai i30 to my local dealer for its 105K service. I received the seemingly standard phone call where a receptionist tells me... all the other things that 'need' to be done to my car, in addition to the regular service. My initial quoted 300 hundred dollar service was now in fact, going to be a one THOUSAND dollar service. My previous service, the 'major 90K service' was only done six months ago so I was a little alarmed at these Hyundai 'recommendations.' However, not being an expert on all things car service, I TRUSTED that these 'recommendations' were necessary, to ensure I was driving a safe and road worthy car. I told them to go ahead with the work, but the receptionist told me that I would need to bring the car back on another day as they didn't have time to complete my job. I paid the $300 and said I would call to book on another day. On my way home I decided to drop into another service centre and asked if they were able to do these 'recommendations' at a better price. After inspecting my car I was told the following: My Brake Fluid DID NOT need a flush (done on 90k service) only TWO tyres were low on tread and, wait for it…. The power steering flush DOES NOT EXIST IN MY CAR. When I asked what that meant, the mechanic said that the power steering flush does not apply to my car because it has ELECTRONIC power steering. He even called HYUNDAI and confirmed this! I took my car across the road to another service centre who confirmed ALL OF THE ABOVE. I was completely outraged! Over $400 worth of services that my car DID NOT REQUIRE and DID NOT EXIST in my car. I went straight back to Hyundai and told the service manager the blatant rip off that had nearly occurred had they been able to get my car back to me that day. He squirmed in his seat for the duration of my rant and all he could offer me in way of explanation was that it may have been a 'typo' on the invoice. Still outraged, I asked him how many people this would happen to each day? How many people just like myself take the word of their mechanic and go ahead with the recommendations? Is this a standard practice? Does this only occur whenever a female puts a car in for a service?
Again no decent explanation, just an offer to give me SOME of my money back. Overall, I am extremely disappointed with my experience and simply cannot believe this blatant attempt to deceive me. Hopefully many people will hear about this incident before their next car service and be more aware of this deliberate fraud.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Does Rick qualify for HOS, by duplication?

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Does Rick qualify for HOS, by duplication?
Not all members can see all forum content, Phil :P

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
www.nepeanvalley.com.au

You mad or what 4.00am your time would have been 2.00am my time,I was still in bed,5,30am your time would have still only been 3.30 am my time,so I was still in bed,I only get up at 4.00am my time work days,plus today was my day to have a sleep in,you probably went out had your surf and came back and fell asleep on the couch or hammock  :whistler:  :lol:
Exactly! :P :happydance:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal