i30 Owners Club

Are you an ALDI bargain hunter?

Lakes · 220 · 43374

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Hey all, i've picked up a few great deals over the years @ ALDI & will be @ the store firs thing this morning for a cloths dryer as moving down the coast next month & will need it.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I would be if we had them down here...

I love Shiploads .. and they are opening a big store close to our house on the 26th of April  :happydance:

http://www.shiploads.com.au/
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Sounds like you'd be better off ditching Aldi and going to Shitloads Shiploads, John :D

Oops.

... we hope you get the spelling right!
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I think Shiploads is a Tasmanian only company, Steve....  :undecided:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Yeah Rusty I know. I was just trying to massage "shitloads" into "Aldi", to keep on topic.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Aldi has some good stuff. I had to laugh at my sister in law when they opened in Caloundra about 3 or so years ago.
"I give them 6 months", she said.

She shops there regularly and hates it when I see her there because I always remind her of what she said.  :happydance:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
It's interesting. A really bad shopping experience with cheaper prices (such as these warehouse type places) or higher prices and great customer service.
One size doesn't fit all.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

I love Shiploads .. and they are opening a big store close to our house on the 26th of April  :happydance:

Have not heard of them Dazz but great they are opening new store near you.. there is a big Costco at Aurburn but have never been inside think its bulk buys.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Sounds like you'd be better off ditching Aldi and going to Shitloads Shiploads, John :D

Oops.

... we hope you get the spelling right!

LOL Steve, will have to look we have had a lot of ship loads of people comeing out for a bargain.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
 :rofl: Treve, stirer. yeh took me a while to use ALDI as did not have one close by. also thought they were just food stores. then friends started talking about TV's they got then saw TV's they got & were good for the price, then Computers @ dirt cheap prices. i also picked up a Vacume cleaner, looks like a Dyson style $99 see how it goes, also will test cloths dryer out before carting it down the coast.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

It's interesting. A really bad shopping experience with cheaper prices (such as these warehouse type places) or higher prices and great customer service.

They run a really tight ship (excuse the pun) so even though it is a warehouse setup it is still a nice shopping experience. They had to bring in crowd control in Launceston when they recently opened a store there. 5 in each time 5 went out  :eek:

Have not heard of them Dazz but great they are opening new store near you.. there is a big Costco at Aurburn but have never been inside think its bulk buys.

The guy who started this company started Chickenfeed years ago and then sold it .. The new owners had no idea and Chickenfeed closed most of their stores.

Shiploads (great play on words) have a great range and pallet loads of each item  :happydance:

The new Store + A big Hardware store + a big Harvey Norman + a Big Ray's Outdoor + Maccas, Subway, New 24 hour garage and more to come only 4kms from our house  :goodjob:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Dave do you go to the corner shop still to buy all the food? or coles or Woolys?

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Some stuff from the supermarket and some stuff on line.
I know what you are saying, but I prefer the more personal experience when viable.

• Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
The new Store + A big Hardware store + a big Harvey Norman + a Big Ray's Outdoor + Maccas, Subway, New 24 hour garage and more to come only 4kms from our house  :goodjob:

Geez, another reason to come visit you and Trish, Daz.... :whistler:  :rofl:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I don't eat at Macca's or those american style fast food's , unless i have to. i like being served the same as Dave does, i hate all the sauce they put over the food too but good for kids to work get experience & learn working at Maccas & so on.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Geez, another reason to come visit you and Trish, Daz.... :whistler:  :rofl:

Always welcome Rusty  :goodjob:

I don't eat at Macca's or those american style fast food's , unless i have to. i like being served the same as Dave does, i hate all the sauce they put over the food too but good for kids to work get experience & learn working at Maccas & so on.

I only eat Macca's hotcakes and the occasional skinny Cap .. Not a fan of their burgers and stuff (they never look anything like the pictures)

I cant forget the image i saw once of a 10 y/o Maccas Cheeseburger (identical to a "fresh" one) except bigger  :whistler:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
 :rofl: Rusty, here's me moveing down the coast to get away from those places & Dazz is excited to have them. they destroy local personalised old fashioned shopping. but i'll shop at them before moving  :rofl:. no macc no KFC no Subway no Americanizing at all, just old fashioned Aussie service. 7 farms i can buy eggs & veges from also freash caught fish, lobsters ( heaps of Lobsters in Tassie too ) Oysters Prawns can buy from one place that gets them out the water. the rest are flown in, like in sydney nothing freash it all comes from Airport. Abalone there too but all goes to the Chinese they seem to not mind paying big money for it. but not sure why?

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Hey Dazz i don't mind there Mac Cafe , just hit & miss if they can make Cappo to my standards, i get luck sometimes.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Always welcome Rusty  :goodjob:

Cheers mate, likewise here....

I'm not into Maccas, but I do find them good for brekky when on the road. At least you know what you're getting regardless of what State you're in.
I don't mind Subway....and can stomach KFC every now and then...

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Cardboard from Maccas.
Generic tasting rolls from Subway.
Kentucky Fried Cardboard from KFC.
I do tend to use them when I have to, but try not to.

• Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:rofl: Rusty, here's me moveing down the coast to get away from those places & Dazz is excited to have them. they destroy local personalised old fashioned shopping. but i'll shop at them before moving  :rofl:.

WE have the best of both worlds down here.. 3 Kms up our rural road on our two acre block.  Get free range eggs from family and neighbours and some organic vegies as well, Can get fresh fish and stuff if we want it.

But really handy to have a 24 hour garage just near the end of our road and the Hardware store + Shiploads have some grocery lines which will save going twice as far to Woolies (and cheaper too) :goodjob:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
:rofl: Rusty, here's me moveing down the coast to get away from those places & Dazz is excited to have them. they destroy local personalised old fashioned shopping. but i'll shop at them before moving  :rofl:. no macc no KFC no Subway no Americanizing at all, just old fashioned Aussie service. 7 farms i can buy eggs & veges from also freash caught fish, lobsters ( heaps of Lobsters in Tassie too ) Oysters Prawns can buy from one place that gets them out the water. the rest are flown in, like in sydney nothing freash it all comes from Airport. Abalone there too but all goes to the Chinese they seem to not mind paying big money for it. but not sure why?

We're lucky, we haven't got many of the junk food restaurants, just Macca's, KFC & Subway....
Only got Woolies & IGA supermarkets but heard a whisper that Aldi has been granted a permit to set up shop which might give the others a bit of competition..  :)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

We're getting power and water this year apparently in the hills.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

We're getting power and water this year apparently in the hills.

We don't need it  :P

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Sorry, boys, no McChuck's, FCK or Subweigh for us. It's all VIP discount at the local butcher for high protein quality cuts of meat, home made yoghurt and raw nuts.
However, SA is getting Aldi and Costco next year and I welcome any competition to shake up the supermarket duopoly.  :D
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
we don't have them over here,but my first experience with Aldi's was in Hervey Bay when we went to visit the Daughter and the grandies,I wouldn't shop there,to disorganised for me,but good value for young families  trying to make their dollars go further,I could'ny believe they had groceries amongst electrical,was walking through the fruit and veg section then came along light truck winches and jack stands,it was a shambles(not the person)but very  cheap
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Did they have tools?  :undecided:  :rofl:

Oh! I'm never going to live this one down and yes they did, it's not Tim the Toolman,it's Rick the Toolman  :disapp:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
Aldi has plans to get 40+ supermarkets up and running in W.A. In the works now apperantly.
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal