i30 Owners Club

drivers door button illumination??

Offline clicheuk

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      UK

• I30 1.6 CRDI Premium
sorry if this sounds a bit thick guys, but do the controls on the drivers door (electric windows, folding mirror, mirror adjust and door lock buttons) have back lights in them to illuminate them at night, its a nightmare to let anyone out of the car and after fumbling around i end up either turning the engine off or opening my door to either let someone in or out of the car. everything lights up on the dash so i was wondering if mine had a fault.
sorry if this has been posted before, but i did a pretty thorough search and couldn't find anything.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I seem to remember just my window controls illuminate, but as it's sunny here I can't tell for certain.

Anyway, you could always just hit the maplight above your head (the plastic lenses can be pushed individually)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Yep it is just the window controls which illuminate, not the mirror or locking controls.
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline clicheuk

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      UK

• I30 1.6 CRDI Premium
looks like another trip to the dealer, i have no illuminations on any buttons on the door.
 :evil:

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
All the window buttons on mine illuminate ie 4 on drivers door and one each on the passenger doors.

Pip
looks like another trip to the dealer, i have no illuminations on any buttons on the door.
It's pretty subtle... needs to be dark!

Offline clicheuk

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      UK

• I30 1.6 CRDI Premium
to be fair, if you had to turn an internal light on to see all the dashboard controls and buttons it would be pretty crap, because there is quite a few controls on the door, its pretty dangerous to either switch on the drivers light or look down for too long when your driving and considering the attention to detail with connecting ipods and all the other features we love, its a pretty basic oversite on Hyundai's part.

dont forget its in the uk, so we only have light for four hours a day

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
to be fair, if you had to turn an internal light on to see all the dashboard controls and buttons it would be pretty crap, because there is quite a few controls on the door, its pretty dangerous to either switch on the drivers light or look down for too long when your driving and considering the attention to detail with connecting ipods and all the other features we love, its a pretty basic oversite on Hyundai's part.

dont forget its in the uk, so we only have light for four hours a day

Apart from the windows though, you shouldn't really be playing with the other buttons whilst driving should you :question:

Offline clicheuk

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      UK

• I30 1.6 CRDI Premium
Apart from the windows though, you shouldn't really be playing with the other buttons whilst driving should you :question:
[/quote]

depends how bored i am on a long trip and i am a big kid, so i love playing with buttons whilst I'm driving.

it is nit picking, but its nice to find a place where you can see if things are as they should be or if there is a problem. 

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Does any of your passenger's backlighting work?

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
I seem to remember just my window controls illuminate, but as it's sunny here I can't tell for certain.

As above. 
No sun here. Rain again
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline clicheuk

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      UK

• I30 1.6 CRDI Premium
Does any of your passenger's backlighting work?
no, none of them are working, spoke to the dealer and there going to take a look. ill let you know how i get on.

Offline clicheuk

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      UK

• I30 1.6 CRDI Premium
took it to the dealer today and they asked if i could leave it with them for an hour to have a look, i didnt get to many details from them, but it is sorted now.
only a minor problem, but if i hadnt asked on here i would never have known, cheers guys.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
U R welcome.

So, which fuse did they replace I wonder

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal