i30 Owners Club

Are health checks and anti perforation checks necessary?

Offline Bubbacpt

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      West Lothian

• i30 1.6 CRDi SE NAV
Are annual health checks and anti perforation checks really necessary? If I don't get them done can it invalidate my warranty even if the problem is not related to them?
  • Hyundai i30 1.6 CRDi SE NAV 6 speed manual

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Are annual health checks and anti perforation checks really necessary? If I don't get them done can it invalidate my warranty even if the problem is not related to them?

I would suggest that you read the T&C's.

Isn't that FOC by Hy dealer/authorised service centre even if you decide to have the car serviced at an indy who needs to follows the T&C's to the exact service requirements.

I use Hy even though a few ££ more (but found they may price match) then at least I have the safeguard that should I need a warranty claim it can not be rejected for some minor anomaly such as wrong filter or grade of oil etc which may not have any bearing on the actual warranty claim..
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Health checks are not mandatory, but the corrosion checks are if you want to keep the warranty regarding the rust and paint.

I'm pretty sure the normal warranty will not be affected because you decide to not have the above done.

My 2008 are way out of warranty but I still go to my local dealer once a year to have the corrosion check done, free of charge, of course.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline StarSeeker

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands UK

• 1.4 Comfort in Midlands UK
Not checked the Hyundai ruling on this but think Asterix is probably right.  Daughter had a Ford and needed bodywork doing under the warranty and had a right game as the dealership did the bodywork check but forgot to fill out the book, fortunately they sorted it otherwise don't think we would have stood a chance in getting the work done.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal