Nev75 · 731 · 180844

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear
  • queenslands most feminine

• au Australia
      Gympie

• thunder wishes it could be the snow
    • My Fuelly
i find the centre air vent doesn't vent down or up enough. its range seems very limited.

its really bugging me  :rolleyes:

(for like 2 minutes until the car cools down enough)
  • SR AUTO 2.0 Petrol Hatch

Offline hipposniper

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon

• ex-Heidi..North Devon.UK
1.drivers seat don't go down low enough,
2. seatbelts (Front & Rear)hits/taps the HARD plastic sides
3. have to take the whole light Assembly out to change a simple bulb
4.leaving it dirty

Offline andys101

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Canterbury, Kent, England.
i only have one real issue, and that is how the i30 doesn't have a shock sensor/glass break sensor...seems like a necessity esp for a new car...prob going to have to retrofit one soon...

That will be because it doesn't actually have an alarm fitted!
Its a cat 2 not a cat 1.

Offline hipposniper

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon

so when DO the alarm go off...."when you leave the keys inside and itself locks? , (na na naa na na your locked out)"

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie

• My Fuelly
ok the speakers

they're frankly pretty crappy :neutral:

Offline Blue

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle

• Newcastle, Oz
ok the speakers

In the SR? With the upgraded sound system???
That's a surprise.... And very disappointing.

I thought they would be great.

Though I must admit, the ones in our SLX do cause a rattle if I turn it up too much...  
But that's the Mrs pRATTLING on about  about how loud it is.

Who's Frank by the way???
:)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
ok the speakers

did you know you can change your bass,treble,l/r balance and f/r balance :razz:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline sweetbix

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
ok the speakers

did you know you can change your bass,treble,l/r balance and f/r balance :razz:

That does help..  :razz:

• 09 Auto SR 2.O Petrol

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
did you try changing the settings,and did it sound better. :razz:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie

• My Fuelly
guys i spent 45 minutes fiddling with the settings before giving up
i found an acceptable level, which once i'm driving will probably be pretty good, and already an improvement to what i've had this last week.
but there is a distinct lack of 'refinement' for want of a better word
i wouldn't call myself a speaker boffin by any means but i am pretty fussy and know what i like, which includes good clarity and distinction between the bass, mids and highs, which i'm not quite feeling here. i made sure i used 'real' cd's and a few different ones etc to not judge on bad quality or one type.
maybe i'm too fussy, and it is a car not a home stereo, but i must say sitting in there this arvo i missed the ones i bought for my Festiva.

will it do the job sure, but i feel maybe some speaker upgrades in the future?
p.s usb seems louder volume than the cd player

Offline sweetbix

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Yea, I must admit that the speakers do still lack 'clarity' even after fiddling with the settings.. I might need to get new speakers so I can refine the doof doof... :lol:
  • 09 Auto SR 2.O Petrol

Offline Blue

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle

• Newcastle, Oz
Id be interested to know if the source is MP3 or raw CD audio.
I honestly thought the SR would be crystal clear.

The difference in volume levels could be to do with MP3 Vs CD audio tracks (???)
If that is the case, there is a handy little (very fast) windows tool called MP3 Gain, that can adjust the peak volume levels (in all manner of ways) of MP3 files.

Also, did you know there is an auto volume level control in the sound system setup menu?
It increases the volume automatically as the car increases speed.  (I tried to find it in the manual for you, but I can't find it listed.  It's there though).

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Also, did you know there is an auto volume level control in the sound system setup menu?
It increases the volume automatically as the car increases speed.  (I tried to find it in the manual for you, but I can't find it listed.  It's there though).

That would be the SDVC option.

Doesn't work too well in Fergie tho.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie

• My Fuelly
Id be interested to know if the source is MP3 or raw CD audio.
I honestly thought the SR would be crystal clear.

as mentioned i used actual CD's to set the audio  :wink:**
occasionally i would change over to the usb to see how the mp3's sounded on a certain setting and would notice the audio would jump up in volume. this isn't a problem though. and yep i found the auto volume thingy  :D - not using it yet
maybe to someone else the audio is great and i'm too fussy, i dunno  :-[

edit: **i must apologise here, i did mean i had used bought commercial cd's in my setting up - i didn't actually make this clear initially, sorry for any confusion this may have caused  :)

Offline MRH130

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

• Was Crystal the i30 SR, now Courtney the Getz-tacy
I too wish the SR stereo was better. It's pretty good for an OE system, and especially at this price point, but it could be better. I'm about to take a step back to the SLX system, which sounds much the same but needs more crankage to get the same decibels, and loses some clarity as a result. I found only a couple of pieces of music that warranted maxing out the SR stereo, but the SLX ones seem to need to be on MAX more often to meet my doofy needs.  :cool:

I find MP3s (at a high bitrate) and WMAs from the memory stick sound better than CDs, even original CDs.

Something I don't like is that you can't get all the drivetrains in all the models. For instance, why on earth can't I get a diesel SR?? or a manual cw Sportswagon? If I want the nicest-trimmed car I have to have a petrol, and if I want a wagon I have to have an auto! As they say in the classics, SCREW THAT!

So if they made a diesel SR, with an appropriate price differential, I'd have my order in. I liked the look of the Sportswagon too, but it'll be long sleeves weather in Hell before I buy an auto. If I want a manual wagon I have to buy an SX. WTF...

I've even asked and they won't build me one in the combination I want no matter how long I wait, so I'm left to try to make a facsimile myself from a lower series model. Ridiculous.

And, here in Australia, we can't get a lot of the fancy features our European friends get like full leather trim (unless we buy an automatic petrol wagon - not even available in the hatch) rain sensing wipers (ditto) seat warmers, etc etc...

Annoys me. If they want to shift the brand upmarket, they should be willing to be a little bit flexible in what they'll build for their customers. It'd be very easy to build any of the combinations I've mentioned above (with no design rule compliance issues) but they won't do it because some marketing goon decided that if you're not buying the base model you definitely won't want a manual or a diesel. GRRRRRRR!!!  :evil:

I feel better now.  :lol:

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie

• My Fuelly

I find MP3s (at a high bitrate) and WMAs from the memory stick sound better than CDs, even original CDs.

now i find this comment very interesting because today i had to drive into town, at least an hour round trip and i listened to just my mp3's (256kbps VAR)...and it was pretty good! except for the odd song they ended up sounding much better than i expected after being disappointed with yesterdays playing about. so either a) the music just sounds better while driving and not concentrating on it per se, or b) the mp3's do sound better than the cd's.

to expand on yesterdays comments somewhat it's not that the SR sounds dreadful by any means, i'm not rushing out this week to get new speakers. i can hear the bass vs the highs etc and they're not blaring or grating or flat sounding but there is a somewhat 'course' sound, not quite as smooth and velvety as it coud have been. on the odd occasion where a lot of layers come togethor i can just hear it start to blend them togethor rather than keep them apart, but i'm not sure whether many would notice to be honest. again i am really fussy. is it 'clear' enough - yes.  did i expect just a bit more - yes.

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie

• My Fuelly

Something I don't like is that you can't get all the drivetrains in all the models. For instance, why on earth can't I get a diesel SR??

you can in new zealand
probably doesn't help  :-[

Offline Blue

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle

• Newcastle, Oz
I liked the look of the Sportswagon too, but it'll be long sleeves weather in Hell before I buy an auto. If I want a manual wagon I have to buy an SX. WTF...

The SR CRDi I can semi understand... it would cost more than diesel Sonata. Holden have the same problem with their top spec Cruze - no diesel in Oz.

But Auto only SLX wagons...I don't get that at all.  If they had a 5 or 6 speed auto it MIGHT be understandable...
But an ancient 4 speeder? Pffft...

I know that some people can't drive manuals, BUT you should get a $2,000 discount for opting to take one of these auto's off Hyundai's hands, not have to pay extra for it.  I mean... you already pay enough for it at the pump !

It equates to being sold a black and white 46 inch LCD TV these days I reckon!!!

I think the i30 is possibly the last remaining 4 speed auto in this segment (in Oz).

I know the new boxes are coming.. but it is 2009 you know !

There, now I feel better too Mr H!

Offline hayseed

• 3rd Gear
I don't like the fact someone bent mine!

On a slightly more serious note, I'm disappointed that I can't get the electric side mirrors on the hatch that the cw has. Also that there's no automatic up on the windows, only down. The EU versions have it, so why not the AU ones?!

I also wish that the SR had a diesel option available - it's the only reason I ended up being the SLX.

Offline bulldog180

• 4th Gear

• england England
      UK

• Cullompton, UK
Wife doesn't like the angle of the front headrests (not enough adjustment backwards)

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
You know if you spring them forward 3 times they spring backwards?

There was a thread on this before, and it seems she might need her seat a little more upright to help with the headrest position.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
... she might need her seat a little more upright to help with the headrest position.

.. or get her head rearranged :P

Offline MRH130

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

The SR CRDi I can semi understand... it would cost more than diesel Sonata. Holden have the same problem with their top spec Cruze - no diesel in Oz.

But Auto only SLX wagons...I don't get that at all.  If they had a 5 or 6 speed auto it MIGHT be understandable...
But an ancient 4 speeder? Pffft...

Fair call about the SR CRDi, but if I want one they should be willing to build me one. I think a lot of people would rather have a diesel i30 SR than a basic diesel Sonata. Just seems like silliness to me.

I don't care if they bring out a 40 speed auto, I don't want one. And it seems to be the trend for them to remove the manual option from their most desirable models. There's not much "sporty" about an automatic Sportswagon...

You can tell it's one of my favourite hobby horses...  :wink: :lol:

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie

• My Fuelly
Wife doesn't like the angle of the front headrests (not enough adjustment backwards)

this really bugged me on my test drive, so much so i wrote about it here somewhere. and it bugged me when i drove Snow home, but my whole seating was wacked out. my usual position just doesn't seem to work in the i30. over a couple a days i adjusted and in the process i realised i no longer i had problems with the headrest which is great! its stil not perfect, i seem to need to sit a bit further back and more inclined but i am quickly getting used to it. just keep inclining your wife's seat back  :wink:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Having to fight my way thro' the crowd to my car because there are so many milling around it admiring the car.   :lol:
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline MRH130

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

Having to fight my way thro' the crowd to my car because there are so many milling around it admiring the car.   :lol:

I suppose that doesn't bother me so much because I'm used to being mobbed by people admiring me...  :cool: :cool: :lol:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club

I suppose that doesn't bother me so much because I'm used to being mobbed by people admiring me...  :cool: :cool: :lol:

* Shambles adds a forum rule that excludes blatant lying in posts *  :D

Offline hipposniper

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon

I suppose that doesn't bother me so much because I'm used to being mobbed by people admiring me...  :cool: :cool: :lol:
[/quote]

Sorry to tell you M8 ... it all about the car

Offline hipposniper

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon

i had the same probblem, fighting them off untill i heard   "Man its All about the car dude" :-[ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

* Shambles adds a forum rule that excludes blatant lying in posts *  :D

He's not lying.   Is he :lol:
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal