i30 Owners Club

Hyundai news 2009-09-08

Offline SRT Metro

• 6th Gear
  • i30CW 2.0 CRDi, 2009

• se Sweden
      Halmstad, Sweden

• Halmstad, Sweden's Riviera
Translated from Swedish > English with Google.

2009-09-08 
HYUNDAI PRESENTS MORE BLUE-DRIVE ECO-OPTIONS IN FRANKFURT 

In connection with the Frankfurt Motor Show, which opens on September 15, Hyundai will present five of their last Blue-drive models and displays, while the speed and efficiency Hyundai's engineers are working to meet the company's efforts towards cleaner cartechnology.

Press conference will be held at Hyundai's booth in hall 6 at 14.00 on September 15.

Of the five car models displayed three for the first time. It is about i30 Blue Diesel, i10 EV, the first series-built electric car from Hyundai, Elantra LPI Hybrid and two futuristic concept cars - ix Metro Blue and Will.

Ix Metro, a crossover-SUV hybrid with a three cylinder 1.0 liter petrol engine of 125 hp and an electric motor of 15 kW, which together generate a CO2 emissions of just 80 g / km.

Blue-Will, makes its European debut in Frankfurt and shows another hybrid model with a 1.6 liter gasoline engine and an electric motor of 100 kW. Emissions and fuel consumption is minimized thanks to Blue Wills light weight, and Moreover, the extra power from solar cells mounted on the roof.

Elantra LPI Hybrid, already in production, shown for the first time in Europe. The car was launched in Korea last summer and has been a success.
It is a so-called mild hybrid, powered by a 1.6 liter gas engine of 114 hp (84 kW) and an electric motor at 20 hp (15kW). Elantra LPI Hybrid is the first hybrid car powered by lithium-polymer battery, which is more efficient, cheaper, more durable and can handle more charges than lithium ion batteries.

Hyundai i30 diesel now get stop / start system, ISG (Idle Stop and Go), which means that CO2 emissions are down to an impressive 113 g / km in the model with 90 horsepower engine, 117 g / km for the version with 115 hp.

i10 EV - the label's first electric car production. With a range of 160 km is i10 EV a competent vehicle that offers low transport costs, together with 0 emissions. The production of i10 EV in limited editions, for the Korean market, start in 2010. These will initially be sold to government agencies and businesses.

Hyundai ix35, the successor to the popular Tucson in the C segment, will also be presented in Frankfurt. The new model comes with a 2-liter four-cylinder engine with 161 hp and a new 2.0 CRDi diesel-R of 173 hp.

Santa Fe, get a facelift which involve a completely new diesel engine, 2.2 CRDi-R with a power of 197 hp and six-speed manual or automatic transmission. Petrol option is a new four-cylinder 2.4 liter gasoline engine with an output of 174 hp, also with six-speed manual or automatic transmission.

• I30 CW 2.0 CRDi

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal