i30 Owners Club

Just how bulletproof is the 1.6 litre diesel?

Paolo5 · 34 · 55329

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Hey Econ, thats great, about the filter changes. my tech guy is thinking long term like if i keep my car & cover 200,000 or more. my ute has 220,000k and on its second set of tyres. 98,000 is still low k to me just you did it really quick. the guys i know with 350,000 plus k on common rail diesels do a lot of k's fast like you do.so there cars still look new and are only three years old and imaculate, but with 350,000k up. motors that do the k's fast tend to last longer too as they are always at runing temps.
hey thats great your tuneing box works and you tested the gain on a dyno. i know a lot of people noticing a gain must mean they improve performance. just from my experience some people ( me included  :lol: ) sometimes thing they feel a good gain, then we use a dyno to confirm this and the Dyno will show if indeed it is a good gain. some dyno's are more accurate than others, like the australian made Dyno Dynamic's dyno's give mostly inflated numers. but that Mainline like Martin used is more realistic as it has its own acurate weather setting function that the opperator can not play with. but if they did three base line runs with your car stock no tuning box, then did two runs with your car with tuning box on and it showed the gain then it works! thats great.
my good friend in Tenneessee that has a colection of old Corvete stingrays and two newer Harleys, got a VW Jetta 6 speed DSG they only got 1.9 TDI in USA when he got it about three years back. he fitted an adjustable tuning box that only suits the VW they were not common rail then but the tuning box raise fuel pressure. he put it on a dyno ( Dyno Dynamics ) and he got a really good gain and even tested it on hills towing a trailer with a large HD on the trailer up some Tenneessee hills useing GPS speed as a guide, he could get to higher speeds with the tuning box on than he could without it. but he said he was getting Black Cloud performance :lol: (black smoke)
cheers your tuning box sounds great!

Offline mitchell

• 2nd Gear

Read the results of Targa Tassie rally, i30 diesel whent real good.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Hi Mitchell... Yes very well (the driver Razy is a member of this fine club...)

See this Targa Tasmania thread for info and comments from Razy

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,4387.0.html

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales

Hi Mitchell... Yes very well (the driver Razy is a member of this fine club...)

See this Targa Tasmania thread for info and comments from Razy

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,4387.0.html

I agree Dazz,  and no matter how good we all beleave the i30 Hyundai is, we all need to thank Razy ! as no matter how much money you use to improve a car, no matter what  Factory the car is bult at. we still can not make a robot that can do what man can do if he really wants to spend the time at his chosen sport or anything else.
so  i say well done Razy!
Lakes

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal