i30 Owners Club

I know that it has been covered within a couple of threads

Offline nutter67

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Cranbourne
I know that it has been covered within a couple of threads here, but I am trying to compile information /data for my local service centre in regards to the failure of door lock mechanisms.

What I mean is that when you press the lock or unlock button on the remote or the internal button on the drivers arm rest, one of the doors will not lock / unlock.

This fault happened to me not long after I bought the car.  I could press the button and all doors would lock / unlock with the exception of the front passenger door.

Hyundai happily replaced the mechanism for me under warranty.  A couple of months later the problem re-emerged, but whenever I took the car back to the service centre, everything would work perfectly and the service was finalised as "fault not found".  A couple of days later - not working again.  It took another six months of doing this for them to see the fault and replace the mechanism again under warranty.

How many people here have had this happen to them, and has it happened on more than one occassion (after repair)?  The service centre has said it is a rare occurence, and until me, they had never seen it twice.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I have had the tailgate refuse to open a few times when I have pressed the unlock button (the main one that is  - not the boot only one)

Probably 4 or 5 times in 2+ years (and not recently)

Never got around to getting it looked at under warranty (guess i've still got nearly 3 years of it left)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
the wife's cw had that problem and it apparently was a part called a DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR,it was replaced and its not happened again.  :wink:  i was told at the time by the service dept manager that it was a common fault.  :rolleyes:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal