i30 Owners Club

Vibration in the gearstick

swede · 8 · 2896

Offline swede

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Wodonga
Hi, have a 1.6 Diesel-manual Hatch -2010 and when i accelerating on 3 gear or 5 gear im getting vibrations and slight noise from the sprockets in the gear stick and if you put ur hand on it you feel the  kugg teeth a bit..Im not driving to slow ,this can happen at 110km/h on the free way but it only comes as you put load on the motor(accelerating). this does not happen all the time and it does not matter if it is +35C outside, still the same..Also have a "thonk"noise from the front end as you take of in 1-2 gear, have had this since the car have done just over 1000km and its coming up for the 60.000km service now.Only getting the noise as you take of a bit faster or are rolling slow and accelerating. Had a wheel aliment done (fitted new tyres) and the noise was almost gone but it is back again after about 10.000 km since the aliment was done...Any one who has the same problems???? :head_butt:
  • I30 CRDI SLX

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
I don't know either, but sounds like something in your drivetrain. Need to have a look at the cv shaft, cv boots, transmission,  transaxle. Do you have vibration in the steering wheel as well?
  • 2013 Hyundai i30 GD Active 1.6 L, 6 Speed Automatic, Diesel

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Check bolts, clip pins and brackets to see if any loose or missing
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline swede

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Wodonga
The car is still under warranty so I guess they have to have a good look. Cant see anything or feel any lose items.. Thx :D
  • I30 CRDI SLX

Offline swede

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Wodonga
No there is nothing in the steering wheel. All good.
  • I30 CRDI SLX

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
Yeah, get it in, probably isn't that uncommon of a problem to them. Unlike some of the weird things I've heard go wrong with cars in this forum :)

Offline swede

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Wodonga
Well, workshop has service and had the car for a drive and they will replace lefthand drive shaft, they think the sound and vibrations comes from that. Will see...Dont think this is it i would say that a mounting bracket/rubber is faulty. but will get back once they have replaced it..
  • I30 CRDI SLX

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
Drive shaft could cause the noise, depending on what's faulty on it. Doesn't take much for parts to rattle. And drive shafts that are faulty, definitely can cause vibr ation. Wait and see, but I have a feeling you will be good after that. :Good_luck:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal