i30 Owners Club

car alarm- how long till it stops

Offline toodoo9011

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London
hojust curious as i park my car away from home.if alarm was o go off how long till it automatically stop.
  • 2007 i30

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
hojust curious as i park my car away from home.if alarm was o go off how long till it automatically stop.

I am sure that is in the manual somewhere - PDF copies are linked elsewhere if you don't have one.   I don't recall what it is, and never had it go off to know.

The closest I got was when parked at a community centre and someone said a blue wagon lights where flashing... it was mine and I thought "Oh crap, did they take anything..." - but turned out my toll-tag had fallen from the windscreen and managed to click on the hazards on the way through  :rolleyes:
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!

I am sure that is in the manual somewhere - PDF copies are linked elsewhere if you don't have one.   I don't recall what it is, and never had it go off to know.

The closest I got was when parked at a community centre and someone said a blue wagon lights where flashing... it was mine and I thought "Oh crap, did they take anything..." - but turned out my toll-tag had fallen from the windscreen and managed to click on the hazards on the way through  :rolleyes:
Luckily they saved you from a flat battery if left for a bit! Funny that it happened to land exactly on the hazard switch.

I went past a car carrier truck a few days ago carrying some VW Tiguans and Audi Q3's and the VW right at the back had it's hazard lights flashing, albeit quite dim and very slowly. I wouldn't want to be the one explaining why they can't unload the truck because someone forgot to turn off the hazard lights on the last car on the ramp :lol:
  • 2007 A4 Avant 2.0T in Phantom Black. Ex-FD owner!

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Luckily they saved you from a flat battery if left for a bit! Funny that it happened to land exactly on the hazard switch.

Yup. I was like WTF is happening here at first - before putting two and two together and trying the hazard button - sure enough they turned off when pressed.   I really wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it - and I beat you I can never repeat it.   And I agree with you about the car carrier.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

Yup. I was like WTF is happening here at first - before putting two and two together and trying the hazard button - sure enough they turned off when pressed.   I really wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it - and I beat you I can never repeat it.   And I agree with you about the car carrier.
How much does your e tag weigh?  Mine's only light. And it takes a pretty firm press to turn my hazard lights on.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
How much does your e tag weigh?  Mine's only light. And it takes a pretty firm press to turn my hazard lights on.

Mine is one of the old skool ones, was using e-toll when there were still booths (but you had to slow to 60km/h - even though now you just do the speed-limit) - http://www.govia.com.au/documents/21025/22695/IMG_489_old_transponder.jpg - so is quite large.  I ordered (free) a new clip for it after that (actually asked for and got two) - that was the thing, the original clip had failed ages ago. Then I had used some of that adhesive velcro tape you can get - for what was going to be a temp measure... but it worked so well I never replaced it (until it too failed).

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
In my handbook page 4-14 it says

The siren will sound and the hazard warning lights will blink continuously for 27 seconds unless the system is disarmed

However, no mention of reset and further action if not attended too.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal