i30 Owners Club

Very expensive cables

Offline komizoli

• 1st Gear

• hu Hungary
      Ozd
Hey Guys,

I hope this forum can help me around. I have Hyundai i30 CW 1.6 CRDI 90 HP.

An engine issue occured, beacuse there are some connection problem with the cable(s) connected to the ECU.

The cable(s) product nr.: 91472-2 R 500 , I think its around 1.000 Pounds (:link: Kabelový svazek ORIGINÁL - HYU 914722R500 | E-shop Auto Kelly a.s.)

How can i buy it cheap? I havent find any used one. Pls help, my engine sometimes works witch 3 cylinders because of that.

Image:
:link: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

• Hyundai i30 CW 2011 1.6 CRDI

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Online eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
How old is the car?

Still in warranty?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
:welcum: Who diagnosed this as the problem? Would be awful to spend this money and have it still misfire! Maybe an auto electrician can fix the existing loom cheaper?
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Get a price from an auto electrician. Disturbing the connections for replacement may cause more problems IMO.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline komizoli

• 1st Gear

• hu Hungary
      Ozd
Hyundai service diagnosted, but they were quite pessimistic, because of the price of the orginal replacment part, and they also doubt the replacing (like Phil said)...they havent done before with this model.

Once this service center's electrican fixed it, but they say that the problem is too complex. Maybe another (independent) electrican fix it?
Any other link for breakers yard?

Thanks.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Nothing is too complicated to fix. It depends on what type of problem you are experiencing. Yes there are many connections, but each one has it's correct connection. What type of problem are you experiencing  :question:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline komizoli

• 1st Gear

• hu Hungary
      Ozd
Sometimes 3 cylinders are working and the sounds are terrible, but sometimes its working.

The funny thing is that once this electrican showed that if he pulls these cable a bit, then the engine works fine, but if he pulls them to another direction then the sounds are came...then he could fix it, but now it seems he cant do it.

According to your comments I think another electrican can fix it and dont waste my money to a whole new wiring system. Am I right?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Yes, that's right. I would ask around or google reviews of various auto electricians. When you find a good one, challenge him to fix it... :evil:

Say something like " This is the problem as diagnosed by another Auto Electrician, he couldn't fix it but from what I have heard with your reputation I'm sure you will be able to..."   :whistler:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal