i30 Owners Club

CRDI chip tuning

Offline andrejs

• 2nd Gear

• hr Croatia
      Zagreb
i see you dont know about this chiptuning :) its available in croatia.. and problably the rest of the world
here is direct link to chip for  i30 116 hp diesel
http://www.upsolute.com/index.php?option=com_upsolute&task=car&id=2364&id_marke=28&id_model=13387

and for list of all hyundais is here
http://www.upsolute.com/index.php?option=com_upsolute&task=models&id=28

the guys in hyundai dealership that do this say you actualy get 142 hp and 305nm...
this will go in my i30 probably by the end of the year. first i'll change intecooler :)... it could be over 152hp after intecooler and chip tuning.. we will see :)

i'll first go to check facturoy tuning how much HP it has and NM .. then after i chancge intercooler.. and after the chip.. to see how much you realy get :)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Thanks for the link andrejs :)

Not so sure I like the "improved" top speed after fitting :lol:

• Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline andrejs

• 2nd Gear

• hr Croatia
      Zagreb

Offline ozsnowman

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Central Victoria

Offline andrejs

• 2nd Gear

• hr Croatia
      Zagreb
i'm sure if you floor it.. it will consume more fuel, but figures are usualy for normal driving...

we have one 2.0 crdi elantra (it had 1000km when we put chip in it, now it has 200.000 km and it runs great - only regular services on it).... when it did get chip... it went from 112 hp to 145 hp... and for normal driving... consumtion went down for 0,5 l ... but when drive it like a mad man :) so to say :) you consumtion goes up by 1l :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I wish my insurance company wasn't so fussy... :P :'(
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline teamgeorge

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria

• i30 CRDi sx Steel Grey 28/11/08
i will probably do the exhaust and hold off on a chip or tuner box... once there's a selection on the mark i can make a better accessment on what will be better, plus i can also take advantage of using the car warrenty more appropirately.

Offline EpOcH

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
Chip tuning ... as in real ECU tuning or yet another plugin box thats not really tuning but playing with a single value ?

I couldnt see any pictures of the device :(  (and i'll bite my tongue now  :lol:)

I think i'll end up going the real tune route soon since now ive clocked up a few KM's :)

(i'm pretty sure our cars are speed limited via ECU to 190km/h anyway, so you cant really test a new top speed unless you turn that off in the ECU also)

Offline tiny

• 3rd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest
Well, let me clear something up for you guys, I have a "friend" with an i30 1.6crdi who has done chip tuning. he now should have 146hp and 345nm (30hp + 90nm). the car has got a significat power boost, and fuel consumpt has dropped. if you drive normally, your fuel cosumpt droppes ( mine dropped from 7-7.5 in the city to 6.5 in the city and from 4.5-5 to 3.9 outofcity) the max speed i dunno, goes over 200 for sure and that's about it....the only thing that matters is the quality of the soft.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal