i30 Owners Club

PIVOT RAIZIN SPARK Type S

AJ77 · 8 · 7513

Offline AJ77

• 2nd Gear

Hi guys,just wondering if anyone has installed a PIVOT RAIZIN SPARK Type S in their I30. Information of the item can be found at:

http://www.pivotracing.com/product/VS-S

I got one few weeks ago,but haven't installed it yet.
 Reason: I'm not sure which type of installation to pick for the car (Click the 'click here for manual' link to view the types of installation).

So,for those who have installed one, a little help would be most appreciated.  :razz:

Thanks

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Meh. It's a petrol thing... can't say I've heard of a gadget like this before, but it sure promises a lot looking at the graphs.

Can't help with the installation choice, but I'd be keen to see the results.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales

Hi guys,just wondering if anyone has installed a PIVOT RAIZIN SPARK Type S in their I30. Information of the item can be found at:

http://www.pivotracing.com/product/VS-S

I got one few weeks ago,but haven't installed it yet.
 Reason: I'm not sure which type of installation to pick for the car (Click the 'click here for manual' link to view the types of installation).

So,for those who have installed one, a little help would be most appreciated.  :razz:

Thanks

Hi AJ77, all the new motors these days have a very powerful ignition as they come, they need to just to fire the very lean afr they run to pass imissions.
most use one coil per cylinder now, i would not play around with it as doubt very much if you would notice, just with a stock motor useing pump fuel.

Offline AJ77

• 2nd Gear
Thanks for the interesting fact Lakes. Installing the item is quite tempting as I do trust the brand and what it promises to give...
i will have a survey of what others think before installing it and will have you know if it blows my car away

Cheers

by the way, any of you guys know where I could download the curcuit diagram of the i30?

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
well good luck, you could run some nitro as i have worked with it and it needs a very powerful spark, but too much would melt your pistons :lol:
still say a small dose and you would feel it as it brings air in with it, it is enviromentaly friendly too as no oil its all cemical ( rocket fuel )
lets know how you go.

Offline AJ77

• 2nd Gear
Finally I got it installed after doing some troublesome manual checks on the fuses. So,performancewise:

I hardly felt any improvement. :lol:

What I do notice is that the trip counter has recorded 6.2L/100km of fuel consumption on an average 80km/hr drive. Previously it was 7.6L/100km after I installed a K&N cone filter, and 9.6L/100km before installing anything.

So,if there's anythn more you guys wud want me to check, juz holler...

Offline Duckman

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
What I do notice is that the trip counter has recorded 6.2L/100km of fuel consumption on an average 80km/hr drive. Previously it was 7.6L/100km after I installed a K&N cone filter, and 9.6L/100km before installing anything.

Don't mean to burst your bubble (so to speak), but drops that significant are usually attributed to a motor being "run in". The first 2000~km I recorded horrible consumption. How many kms/ms has your i30 done?

I use an Apollo K&N pod filter, with the pipe attached to the overhead radiator intake that the stock system uses. Fuel consumption difference is negligible, unless I race the engine :)

Offline Goldfish_8

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Toytown
I do not come from an electrical background, but, I cannot see how stabilising the whole of  low voltage system will have any effect on stabilising the high voltage produced by the coil pack. If the coil pack is weak then no matter what you put into it will still be weak. Given the gizmo only taps into the positive and connects to earth it is going to stabilise the whole 12v system, not the ignition coil(s), so could have an effect on other electrical items/systems in the car.

Also the diagrams/graphs are misleading, as the first talks about poor ignition and an out of tune air fuel mixture, but the second shows correct spark and a good air/fuel mixture. Does the gizmo also re-tune the engine as it works? Again if the engine is out of tune for any reason then it wouldn't produce any benefit.

Now on any car with a single ECU then timing, spark, air/fuel mixture are monitored and adjusted by the cars brain.

The only thing I have come across working on an old Fiat Punto and my last Scooby was ensuring the earth points were clean and adding a couple of supplemental ones. From that I did see an improvement on the Punto, as radio crackle disappeared and the engine seemed to behave better, not talking fuel consumption improvements or more performance, but idling and any hiccups while accelerating disappeared. The additional earthing helped the clean up the electrical signals throughout the car. I was sceptical of the earthing mod until I had seen most of the Japanese tuning company's creating earthing kits and seen independent reviews showing an improvement. Over time the earth connections can fir up, so keeping them clean does help.

It may help on a single coil and distributor system, with a basic electrical system or minimal electronic engine management systems, but I would have thought the majority of the voltage regulation circuitry is already built into most modern car systems.

Mark

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal