i30 Owners Club

Sliding pin's job ...

Offline Super Mykul

• 2nd Gear

• ca Canada
      Québec
Hello to all !

My technical adviser tells to me in november 2012 , '' you had to do the first maintenance of your calipers brakes '' which is is to do in few months ... okay man ...  :whistler: , l'm able to to this ...

My car is just 10 months aged and 40 000 km later  ( yes you really read 40 000 km ) ,  so i do it !!!

I grease each pins with a load of this quality grease

• Touring GLS 2012

Offline Keith

• Top Gear

• england England
      Telford, Shropshire, England.

• Call sign Golf 4 Victor Zulu Kilo
Good work, and exactly what I did this weekend to my car and my daughters Coupe  :goodjob2:

Presumably your advisor said the All Purpose grease was OK for the brakes environment?
  • Now owning a Ford 1.0 Zetec S Fiesta

Offline Super Mykul

• 2nd Gear

• ca Canada
      Québec
Hi Keith ,

These grease is a single product in here  , i dont ask to my advisor , '' witch grease l use to lubricate my slinding pins '' , no no no , any quality grease will do the job , allright  :wink:  ... but l'm not satisfied about my job ( calipers rust again )  , do it again with '' die grinder '' and paint with quality paint ... post pics when the job was done .
  • Touring GLS 2012

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Personally, I'd be using High Melting Point anywhere near disc brake environments. If that stuff melts & gets on the discs, there isn't going to be a lot of braking, or insurance probably.  :fum: :fum: :fum: :fum:

IMO You need to urgently change that grease, unless it is marked on the packaging.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline komaterpillar

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Toowoomba
Personally, I'd be using High Melting Point anywhere near disc brake environments. :

IMO You need to urgently change that grease, unless it is marked on the packaging.

this  :whsaid:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal