i30 Owners Club

Continental Premium Contact 2

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Some may be interested in my assessment of these tyres.
They were fitted to my hire car (Vauxhall Corsa 1.4) in the UK.
On mags, size 195/55R16 Assymetric pattern.
The pattern looks smooth and quiet - and is. Good, predictable grip. Nice in the wet, felt quite safe.
I'm not sure how much of the handling was due to the car's suspension and how much is tyre related but the car handled exceptionally well all the time. It was stable at speeds up to 80, sorry 70mph. :-[ and on winding National Park roads.
I rate it an excellent tyre but don't know how much they cost so can't comment on value for money.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
They are a premium tyre, we run them on our peugeot and are on the second set. very good in the wet. slightly on the soft side so won't last quite As long as some.

Sent via swype and tapatalk on a ZTE Blade

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
They are a premium tyre, we run them on our peugeot and are on the second set. very good in the wet. slightly on the soft side so won't last quite As long as some.

Sent via swype and tapatalk on a ZTE Blade

I've had a look and they are available in Oz so I might be looking more closely at them in the future.

Offline Talking Hoarse

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Winchcombe, Glos
I agree.  Had these Continentals (albeit 14") on a Clio here in UK a couple of years back and I thought that their performance was 1st class.  They hung on really well wet & dry, and their wet /slime grip was still good when down to 2mm of tread.  Even did a couple of 12-car road rallies on them.
I would look for Continentals to replace the (noisy?) Hankooks on my i30 when the time comes - sadly I have already had to buy a single tyre following a puncture and so have a Michelin (my own 2nd choice) to match now.
More to the point - in UK at least - I gather that Costco is to have a "20% off tyres when you buy 4" deal as of 1 November.  They do Michelin and now a few Continentals, and their prices are often unbeatable.

Offline trev012

• 3rd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Glasgow
Continental Premium Contact's are the best.  I ran 2 sets of them on my previous Vauxhall and felt so safe with them on. I would always buy premium tyres as my father once told me it is the only thing between you and the ground - especially when driving at speed.  Definately streets ahaead of the Hankooks that came with the car. Michelins are too dear so I always buy Conti's as a "Next Best".

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Continental Premium Contact's are the best.  I ran 2 sets of them on my previous Vauxhall and felt so safe with them on. I would always buy premium tyres as my father once told me it is the only thing between you and the ground - especially when driving at speed.  Definately streets ahaead of the Hankooks that came with the car. Michelins are too dear so I always buy Conti's as a "Next Best".

How are they for wear, Trev?

Offline Merlot

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Hunter Valley
I am putting a set onto my 07 2.0 litre tomorrow 205/55/16 @ $150 a tyre see how they go

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
That's a pretty good price.
Looking forward to your feedback.

Trev

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal