Dazzler · 15 · 4959

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Sorry Folks but...I.M.O.

Aside from the fiasco with the issuing of just the one key fob to early buyers, I reckon Hyundai have looked after Australia fairly well.

We are a drop in the ocean as far as most global car makers are concerned.. I think Hyundai have a made a pretty good job of picking the eyes out of what is available and giving us a good spread of features versus price. They could have just thrown a clone of some overseas model at us but we get our very own combination...

It must be a nightmare at times working out what to include or not include as standard (particularly in a new model) to make it both competitively priced and equipped...

I reckon that most Companies (and not just in the car industry) hold something back for later upgrades...(i.e. bigger motor/better gearbox)

There... I feel better now!

Rgds,

Dazz
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

ouri30
Dazz,

"You took the word right out of my mouth".  Well said.  We got the i30 early in the piece.  The Yanks haven't seen any yet.

Bob

Offline TheBunyip

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      UK
Nah,

I cannot go with that. I am Very Greedy just a normal Consumer. Even if they gave me everything possible I'd still think they were not sufficiently Generous.
 :roll:

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
I agree with Dazz and Bob,

I think that the I30 offers excelent value.
Other Deisels in this class, ie Holden Astra, Mazda 3, start at around 30k. Thats for their base models. To get the features of say the SLX, your than looking at paying upwards of 35k.

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
I agree also, but, when you see what is on offer elsewhere in the world, subject to our i30's, then you kinda ask yourself 'why'!

I for one would not mind paying a little extra for the extras that other markets receive.  8-)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Thumper..

As a tech head, you'd know how the electronics companies do this all the time... They give you just enough features to tempt you to buy then slowly meter out other features over the next year or two (that they already have in their kitty) so you'll be tempted to upgrade  :twisted:

Hyundai are a huge company that like to move good numbers of vehicles and unfortunately the majority of people are pretty $$$ conscious. Actually they are doing a pretty good job of slowly pushing their vehicles up the pecking order and the price scale gradually. If they can bring in a few more cars of the calibre of the i30 then they will be able to ask a premium price (or atleast the equivalent of what Toyota, Mazda and Honda do...

Rgds,

Dazz

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
You,re right Dazz, ( infact, you are rarely wrong)

Hyundai could make the i30 standard with ESP, six airbags, blue tooth, GPS, 18" alloys and a dash mounted expresso machine to boot standard in all models but than that would mean a bigger price tag. Already at its current price, it is by no means the cheapest in its class. I have often heard it said by ignorant people 'why would you buy a Hyundai when you can get a Toyota or Mazda for the same sort of money?' We all know the answer is that the i30 offers better value for money and is a better car. Hyundai more than any other franchise have to remain price competative as there is still a perception among the consumer that the Korean built cars are inferior. Hyundai have worked hard over the last decade to lift its image, but rome was'nt built in a day and it will still be a while before hyundai will be considered even equal with the Jap or Euro brands, let alone be considered Premium.
 Therefore, it must be left to us wisened hyundai i30 owners to preach of the devine greatness that is Hyundai, and educate the masses. :lol:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks for your Support Eyma and Bob.. would love to meet you guys someday (and a lot of the others too) Hopeful it will happen... if health and other unforeseen circumstances allow. 8-)

Offline bikejockey

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hey Teapot, which market gets the in-dash espresso machine? I feel seriously disadvantaged!  :)

I've never owned a Hyundai (still don't - yet - grrrr) and chose the i30 purely on its merits vs others in its class. The merits included equipment levels, build quality, passenger comfort, performance and fuel economy. I've been told that I shouldn't buy a Hyundai because the quality is poor but always by people who haven't owned one. Owners, past and present, really like the marque - hey, even Top Gear said 'It's not a bad car' - high praise indeed from those guys.
  • i30 cw SX CRDI manual, Surly LHT

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
In Uk people are very badge consious.

But when they see my i30 and the kit you get as standard in uk they change their perception on Hy cars.

A lot of the standard kit on the i30 you only get on cars at top of range or you have to pay extra.

Whether they would buy 1 is another question. But I like it and this is my 3 Hy car.

I did think about the kia Cee'd but based on speci  I felt the i30 came out tops.

you won't be disappointed bikejockey
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
I'm a picky bastard who likes to complain about anything (As most of you are aware on here) yet I have owned four Hyundai's in the past.

I'm more than happy with my i30.

Enough said   8-)

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hey Eye 30,

Does the UK spec offer the in-dash expresso machine? :lol:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Phew... You're still laughin'.. Eyma (I'm still feelin' bad about agreeing with Shambles - a dangerous exercise!)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Quote from: "EymaTeapot"
Hey Eye 30,

Does the UK spec offer the in-dash expresso machine? :lol:

Only if you supply your own thermos, shake it up before you pour and make that funny weeesh noise like the advert!!

(assuming you get that advert in oz)
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal