i30 Owners Club

YELP!!!!

Offline GURKHA17

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Darwin

• Darwin,NT, Australia
hi i30 family,
i have a problem...i think....anyways...here's what it is... can you try this too and tell me if it happens..oh this one's for diesel....petrol can try too...
alright... drive around 60K (just below or above) just play around that in 5th gear....do u feel anything????
coz i felt this weird vibration....the whole car shook...even my partner could feel it.
Well haven't owned a diesel before...how different is the driving( interms of gear changing and stuff) to the petrol engine.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I had that happen one or twice early in the peace... She doesn't like to go that slow in 5th (particularly when she is still cold).

When running a car in it is best not to let them labour in a high gear same as should not rev too hard in a low gear.

Done 9400kms now (hasn't happened lately...)

You will get some different opinions but I think best to try and keep the revs between 1800 and 2800 most of the time ...

Edit..Some would say from 1500 or less but mine laboured when cold in some gears at those revs, but always pretty happy in any gear between 1800 & 2800 RPM
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline GURKHA17

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Darwin

• Darwin,NT, Australia
thanks dazz...i haven't been revving...that high..i have been in the range that u have mentioned...so hope fully...it goes away...

Offline encountar

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Penrith
I experience the same problem, and I will bring it up soon with my service dept to see if its strange or not (will also ask my mate who is a hyundai greasemonkey if he knows anything bout this)

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Mine every now and then (At least once during an entire trip) will, with very light throttle, just below 2,000 rpm in either 2nd or 3rd gear will start to get rather rough for about 5 seconds, almost like a highly cammed 4cyl just before it comes on cam. (Or a bridge port on a rotary engine)

After that, no problems.

I thought it was the DPF regeneration process (Retarding fuel timing, blocking the airflow off to the engine, opening the EGR valve to help increase exhaust gas temps to help burn off DP in the DPF)

Yet, as we all keep finding out, Australian i30's do not have a DPF, yet still meet the same Euro emission standards of EU i30's that have a DPF fitted.

Has Hyundai found a new way to meet emission standards without a DPF?

News to me.  :?

Offline encountar

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Penrith
They may have 2 cats thumper.. im trying to find out for certain

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Sounds like the car is labouring in too high a gear.

I can only change into 5th once I'm over 40MPH ( 65KPH)
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline encountar

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Penrith
The reason they dont like to cruise in 5th is they are laboring too hard, just cruise around in 4th unless 70 k's or more is what i do, sure it hurts my economy a little but i still get over 1000k's a tank for 100 bucks so im not complaining.

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
1st gear to 4th gear you can drive right down to 1,000rpm

5th gear has to be above 1,500rpm otherwise it will "Chug"

(You can drive below 1,500rpm in 5th gear, but need to open the throttle all the way to stop it 'chugging')

Just change back to 4th at that speed.  8-)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal