i30 Owners Club

Hyundai Supplied and Fitted Wheel Mounted Cruise Control

Tom Liedl · 34 · 11363

Offline Tom Liedl

• 3rd Gear
  • Waaaassssuuuppp!

• gb United Kingdom
      Letchworth, HERTS
Cos i do a lot of motorway/dual carriageway driving i wanted to fit cc to my i30 classic.  Hyundai Hitchin (Weston's) dealer charged 450 and the car looks the same as before:- no naughty little scratches or dents.  Sweet!  It went in at 9 and came out at 5 with only a days notice to get the parts.  The cc is fine but it does feel a little start-stop-start-stop when pulling on gradients.  Tech problem or crap OE system?  Any comments greatly appreciated.
  • i30 Comfort 2010 crdi 1.6 auto in Silver

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Is your car diesel or petrol - manual or auto?
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Tom Liedl

• 3rd Gear
  • Waaaassssuuuppp!

• gb United Kingdom
      Letchworth, HERTS

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

My car is diesel and is smooth on gradients - unless it is so steep that I don't change down soon enough.

I have driven a 1.6 petrol with cruise and that behaved normally. Perhaps you should have a word with the dealership.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Damn, all that talk about CC is making me want to buy it too.. How much does that thing cost??

Offline Tom Liedl

• 3rd Gear
  • Waaaassssuuuppp!

• gb United Kingdom
      Letchworth, HERTS
Yeeesss!  U know u wanna.  fitted at the main dealership it cost me £451 all in.  they had the car for a day but i wanted next day fitting so they didn't start until after 10am i think.  Given time you'd prob get ur motor back by 3 i'd say. 

i used to go on the same long run each week and try to stay at 75mph, and averaged 40 or so mpg.  turned the cruise on at 71mph and got home in the same time, presumably because the human condition makes for fluctuating speeds, and got just under 42mpg.  it wont pay for itself quickly but eventually it will, plus the addition to the re-sale extras.

Laters

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Damn, all that talk about CC is making me want to buy it too.. How much does that thing cost??

I thought you got it in your new higher model Accim  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr

I thought you got it in your new higher model Accim  :undecided:

I thought that too at first, but no.. It's available if even better equipped (I guess max), but that i30 wasn't on stock anyway  :mrgreen:

But I do like the CC, although you can't use it that much, because you need to accelerate/brake all the time. I sometimes use it on my mom's Volvo, but that's maybe 2/10 times.

Xamaxy
Hi, can you provide web link for your Hyundai dealer if possible or if exists? Ty.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Hi, can you provide web link for your Hyundai dealer if possible or if exists? Ty.

Who? Me or someone else?

In German catalog I've found the part number for CC - page 2, item 02. We don't have the catalog like that on web in Slovenia. I even doubt we have it at all. I've emailed central Hyundai in Slovenia yesterday, but as usually - no reply from them :D

Anyways.. Approx 450 EUR for CRDi engines + they would probably take another 50 EUR for mounting it, so around 500 EUR  :confused: Too much for me.

Xamaxy
I ment Tom Liedl since his the first with real install.
Here they say it impossible so i need link to his UK hyundai if possible to clear things up :D

Tho that catalog part number is good help also.

Offline Tom Liedl

• 3rd Gear
  • Waaaassssuuuppp!

• gb United Kingdom
      Letchworth, HERTS
Hi Xamaxy, this is the link to my Hyundai branch that fitted the CC:

http://www.westonshyundai.co.uk/

this was their first installation on i30 at this particular branch but it was never gonna be a "no can do" so maybe its country trim specific?  hope this helps.

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

If you open the accessories pages - you will find that the cruise control is only shown for the i30 estate and on that page not available for 2011MY. This is not accurate.

I pointed out the error to Hyundai UK head officve in September 2010 and they advised me that they would correct it. !2 months on and it has not been done.

Dealers access a different spares and accessory data base via their dealership network - and on this I understand that the details are correct. My 2011MY hatchback car was fitted with cruise by the dealer despite the Hyundai website not listing it.

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
Would be nice to have that cruise control installed in my car, but it would cost too much supposedly, once I inquired about the same feature for Getz and the price was astronomic.   

Offline Tom Liedl

• 3rd Gear
  • Waaaassssuuuppp!

• gb United Kingdom
      Letchworth, HERTS
i don't know what the exact crossover is between our great nations and monthly salaries but it cost me £450 Pounds, which translates into 21,700 Roubles.  is that a rough month's pay over there or is it more?  if ur doing long single speed journeys like me then you should dig in i reckon.  positive re-sale value too. :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

i don't know what the exact crossover is between our great nations and monthly salaries but it cost me £450 Pounds, which translates into 21,700 Roubles.  is that a rough month's pay over there or is it more?  if ur doing long single speed journeys like me then you should dig in i reckon.  positive re-sale value too. :goodjob2: :goodjob:
Well 21700 rub is an average monthly salary in Saint-Petersburg, I guess. In fact this sum I paid for the alarm system installed in my car, so I assume the price for CC would be around 50000 rub, but I have to check this out nevertheless.
I need that CC for the trips to Finland where the exceeding of speed limit is more strict than in Russia

Offline Tom Liedl

• 3rd Gear
  • Waaaassssuuuppp!

• gb United Kingdom
      Letchworth, HERTS
recently got £83 charge to do speed awareness course which was 4 hours of zzzzzzzz but it saved me 3 points on my license.  not really a big deal but could have put insurance up depending on their mood. i did 35mph in 30 but the plod weren't in the mood to allow a tolerance of any sort!!! :evil:

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

recently got £83 charge to do speed awareness course which was 4 hours of zzzzzzzz
What is this course about?  :undecided:

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

What is this course about?  :undecided:

In certain circumstances the court will allow you to take a speed awareness course (at your cost) - in which case you do not incur penalty points on your licence.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Wow.
Juts read this through.
Makes the $400AUD I paid to have factory c/c supplied on the car new well worth it. And the bonus is that the "Cruise" package includes fog lights.

Also interesting that a poster above is recording better fuel consumption using c/c.
I have always found it slightly worse unless you are travelling very long distances on flat roads.
And that's not just in yjis car but my Subarus as well.

I tracked it down to the way the c/c applies power to constantly maintain a precise speed whereas an aware driver will "read' The road ahead and either apply gentler power earlier or allow the car to slow a bit of its own accord.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

In certain circumstances the court will allow you to take a speed awareness course (at your cost) - in which case you do not incur penalty points on your licence.
This puzzles me even more. Is it some kind of lecture in a local police department about the fatal car accidents the speed limit exceeding may entail?

Offline Tom Liedl

• 3rd Gear
  • Waaaassssuuuppp!

• gb United Kingdom
      Letchworth, HERTS
we do seem to have strayed off track some what.

as for my mpg figures I get on the long runs i personally think I am not the greatest at maintaining a speed cos i just kind of go with the flow, so i may speed up and down more than the cc would adjust to keep a set speed.

Offline psi_guy

• 2nd Gear
Is the cruise control more than just wiring in the Steering wheel controls? Does it involve extra parts under the hood for the throttle body, etc? Or is it purely controlled by the ECU and the steering wheel buttons are enough?
  • Hyundai i30

Offline Tom Liedl

• 3rd Gear
  • Waaaassssuuuppp!

• gb United Kingdom
      Letchworth, HERTS
Psi, think there's a switch for monitoring braking and clutch, it deffo wasn't just putting tge steering controls in

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

The cruise control for the FD i30 is manufactured by Dancar. Here is their fitting instructions

http://www.dancar.dk/PDF/JKH241.pdf

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Off topic, I know but just wondering when you're gonna update your avatar & signature to your current vehicle, Alan...  :undecided:

Offline Lester

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Batemans Bay, NSW
Cruise control 'on the steering wheel'  was standard fit to my i30 Trophy.  I believe the base model SX did not have cruise control fitted as standard.   They put the bells and whistles on the Trophy to run out the old FD's I think, mine was manufactured in December 2011, with compliance plate Feb 2012, I bought it new in June 2012. :whistler:

I must say cruise on the i30 works much better than on my 2006 Tucson I had before, smoother and more responsive. :razz:
  • FD i30 Trophy

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

Off topic, I know but just wondering when you're gonna update your avatar & signature to your current vehicle, Alan...  :undecided:

Crumbs - Something I have overlooked.

Thanks for the reminder rusty.

Offline Lester

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Batemans Bay, NSW
I forgot to ask our Briitsh friends..did they ever sell the  FD i30 Trophy models in the UK towards the end of production?  According to Hyundai, they produced 500, but I reckon that is bull, I reckon I have seen 500 around NSW. :head_butt:

• FD i30 Trophy

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal