i30 Owners Club

Hyundai i30 2013 classic - UK - adding Cruise control

Offline tapan.aviator

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Hi All,

I saw several posts for adding cruise control to i30, but I am kind of looking for a guide for dummies or a summary.

I have a Hyundai i30 2013 - 1.4 Petrol (Classic). The car is very barebone and I really miss having cruise control considering I do a lot of motorway miles.

I have several questions -

1) I understand in most cases it is a simple case of replacing the buttons - Plug and play no need for additional wiring? I have attached a picture of my current steering wheel.

2) I live in the UK. Does the side of the steering matter and do I need to consider this while buying the switch?

3) is there a reliable and quick way to source this? I found some links on eBay from Honk kong and some from South Korea taking ages to deliver.

4) I found a local steering wheel on eBay from a breaker. it looks a bit worn down but maybe I can just salvage the cruise control switch. The steering is from Diesel i30. Does it matter?
:link: Hyundai i30 2012 To 2015 Steering Wheel Full Multifunction Buttons Switches OEM | eBay

I have some time on my hand due to covid19. I was hoping to use it for something productive.
I hope everyone is keeping safe.

Many thanks

• 2013 - i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal