i30 Owners Club

Custom stereo installation (Speakers/Sub/Amps)

raraku · 37 · 32131

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
 :Agoodpost: sye  :goodjob2:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline SiYCoN

• 1st Gear
Thanks "syecadelic" glad some ones replied :) i have searched around the forum but its mainly posts of bits and bobs and no real details and most pictures have died and no longer work.. anyways  i will change the speakers i have tweeters in my door mirror bit so ill use a component setup that comes with tweeters and hope they can be fitted in. but i will need to use the crossover that comes with the speakers and i have been look at a make called  FLI..  UK based made by VIBE..  which are good the only thing is the RMS they want more than the head unit will supply i think.. so yea ill need to sort out an amp..  which in these new cars its a pain  unlike my old Suzuki Swift and Micra Super s :P

im just getting lazy in my old age and not got the time to be messing about too much but i love my music :D
  • Hyundai i30 Comfort 1.4

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Carrickferugs, Northern Ireland, UK

• My other car has no roof :O Mk1 MX5 1.8
Thanks "syecadelic" glad some ones replied :) i have searched around the forum but its mainly posts of bits and bobs and no real details and most pictures have died and no longer work.. anyways  i will change the speakers i have tweeters in my door mirror bit so ill use a component setup that comes with tweeters and hope they can be fitted in. but i will need to use the crossover that comes with the speakers and i have been look at a make called  FLI..  UK based made by VIBE..  which are good the only thing is the RMS they want more than the head unit will supply i think.. so yea ill need to sort out an amp..  which in these new cars its a pain  unlike my old Suzuki Swift and Micra Super s :P

im just getting lazy in my old age and not got the time to be messing about too much but i love my music :D

Fli are okay, I still would suggest a slightly better brand to get your best benefit. The standard headunit with aftermarket speakers is good enough to start with, thats how I started it. Pushing out the RMS for speakers isnt always a must
  • Premium 1.6 CRDi 2008 MY

Offline Waja

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

• Hyundai i30 CRDi '07 100,000km
Just a quick thing, the VIBE speakers I have listened to in Australia have a great soundstage & good lows but their highs are really sharp and thus they are very tiring after not listening for too long so make sure you give them a good listen.

Offline SiYCoN

• 1st Gear
yea i like clarity and clear but not too tacky and no life.. thats why i have had a 12" sub 6x9 and tweeter setup before with amps i still have it all but its still in my old car..  but yea , ill still need to get 6.5" speakers anyways so yea try with the headunit then if no good ill get amps setup for them and add a 10" sub enclosure i need room for the buggy ;)
  • Hyundai i30 Comfort 1.4

Offline raraku

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW

• Always outnumbered, never outgunned
Massive thread revival.

Stereo is still kicking along really well - I've now relocated to Sydney but still hasn't missed a beat.

I've got the Chinese head unit in it still and it's one of the better purchases I've made, has been running strong without a problem.

I got asked a question via PM so I'll answer here about the wheel arches - you can get to them easily by just unscrewing the tabs around the wheel, it's probably easier to pull the wheel off but I think we did it with the wheel on opposite lock.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal