i30 Owners Club

"anyong ha say yo" from ulsan

Offline ulsankai

• 1st Gear
i just want to say that your forum has been really helpful to me these past few days exploring various topics and answering many of my questions.i'm an ex-pat canadian married to a nice korean lady and living here in hyundai city ROK. my wife decided a few days ago that we needed a new car--apparently my 94 elantra isn't stylish enough--and i've been gathering information so that when i go to the dealership on the weekend i'll be somewhat in-the-know. i don't know korean or much about cars, so i've been searching the australian and uk i30 sites and i'm very pleased to have found your group.

i'm pretty sure we'll be getting an automatic (my wife doesn't have a manual license) 1.6 crdi slx/style.i think the korean package is different than the one's offered in australia and the uk, so i'm not sure what the exact package will be so i'd like to ask you some questions:

1. does the black mica paint look different than normal black paint?
2. what's the difference between the tyre sizes, ie, is bigger, better?
3. is the spoiler and are the skirts functional or aesthetic?
4. what's the i-blue package?
5. what kind of things did the dealer throw-in for free, or give you a great deal on?

many thanks in advance.

ps. i was also wondering where i might find that owner's manual download....

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hi ulsankai... "Shambles, he do say yo" :D

Great choice and what a fine lifestyle you describe. Glad you find the club useful ;)

I can answer the 1st and last question..

- The Mica black looks like it has soft glitter built in; it really is a smashing paint job in the sunlight. Not hard yet not soft... just nice and shimmery.

- That owners manual isn't too clever but if you're prepared to twist your neck from side to side then it'll do as a starter; here's the topic https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,32.0.html

• Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline ulsankai

• 1st Gear

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome ulsankai
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Welcome from Scotland :D :D
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome ulsankai from little old Tasmania...

Shambles is a bit biased towards the black  :rolleyes: :lol:

As far as tyre sizes go ..over here in Aus the 15" wheels get a very basic tyre whereas the 16" tyres are slightly wider and lower profile (so a bit better but only average)

We've had few if any complaints about the even lower profile (and slightly wider again tyres on the the 17 inch alloys) so they must be fairly good..

The 16" and 17" alloys obviously look dressier and fill the guards better...

At the speeds the i30 would mainly be traveling the bodykit and spoiler are really only cosmetic...

There appears to two 2 "i-blue" options (not available in Australia yet as far as I am aware) One uses stop-start engine technology and the other has different gearing (both apparently are to save fuel and omissions - I personally feel the stop start technology has the most merit)

I'll let someone else answer the freebies question although I would go for the genuine mats and an i-pod cable for starters.. :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline ulsankai

• 1st Gear
thanks for the warm welcome...i 've gotten the impression that this is a good group from what i've been reading...very nice

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Fergie she say... "good luck with the purchase" :D

(she also say "make sure it's black" :) )
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline idertig

• 1st Gear

• be Belgium
      Belgium
Hi Ulsankai,

To answer your last question: I got quite a lot thrown in after some stiff negotiations: not only did I get a Style version (and in Belgium this means: all the goodies except heated seats, full leather seats - only half -, tyre pressure sensors, and nav) for the price of a basic model (called comfort here), I got free genuine mats and a Belgian safety kit as well (fire extinguisher, warning triangle and medical kit). In the end, I paid € 15.000 in stead of €19.400. I did hand over my 15 year old Golf III in return...

Good luck!
Idertig

Offline magicRob

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• Continental Silver i30 SR

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal