i30 Owners Club

A Greek I30 To Germany

Offline Christechgr

• 2nd Gear

• de Germany
      Stuttgart

• I30 2014 5d hatch benzin 1.4 Manual Red "Classic"
Hello...New member from Germany ( but i am Greek ) with a I30 1.4 Classic  2014 10.000km :) ...I just bought it and i am still confused...
I was betweeen a Toyota Yaris Diesel 1.4 2012 With 88.000km with 1 year Garantie but i choosed the I30 2014 with 10.000 1.4 benzin with the same price...
I hope i did not made a mistake because i will paying it for the next 3 years and i want to keep it for a long time...
My only worries are how much reliable is this car (I've read only good reviews ) and how much fuel economy makes...(1.4 99hp )...
I have the classic version..it is the poor i know ( the yaris was the full ) but still with a lot of equipment...I am very disapointed i don't have the USB and the mirrors in the colour of the car but it's ok...
Any other difference between the classic version and the more richer versions ?

Thank you and i am happy to be here..:)
Photos are coming!!!!

• Huyndai i30 2014 Classic

Offline ~ Angel ~

• 6th Gear
  • Personnel Manager

• nu Niue

Offline Christechgr

• 2nd Gear

• de Germany
      Stuttgart

thank you ...photos added !!!:)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome.

What you say are cosmetic based on trim level as the engine etc are mainly the same for all models
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Christechgr

• 2nd Gear

• de Germany
      Stuttgart

Only cosmetic changes? What about the 1.4lt fuel economy ??I still had not the change to drive it because of work...i will fully test it this weekend:)

(Thank you all for the welcome)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
I have 1.4 petrol and do mainly town driving with the odd spurt along the motorway.

I'm averaging  40 mpg.

On long trips this has been up to 50-52 mpg
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK

Offline Christechgr

• 2nd Gear

• de Germany
      Stuttgart

40mpg?We use km and liters here but i understand you...Anyone has a brochure with the difference between versions?for example i have the classic version i want to see the differences so i can buy the items missing:)

Hello 2 Asterix;)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
You'll be happy with this car I'm sure. It's 2 years younger and 77,800 kms less traveled than the Yaris. If you look through the forum, you won't find a lot of reliability issues with this model of car, because they ARE very reliable. I think you made a good choice.  :goodjob2:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcome: Christechgr

Excellent 1st post. We are big fans of the Hyundai Diesel engine on this site but because they get a DPF (in Europe) the 1.4 petrol is a probably a safer bet.

Search Ebay for series 2 (GD) accessories. I recently got my wife some Chrome Mirror covers for her Tourer (wagon) model although they were designed for the models with indicators in the mirrors. Some mods like adding indicator mirrors are quite expensive and complicated to do.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Christechgr

• 2nd Gear

• de Germany
      Stuttgart

I see most of you guys are from Australia..I was in Melbourne the hole 2011 Working ;) It was the greatest time of my life too bad the visa restrictions forced me to go back to Europe...But as a respectfull citizen i had to obey ;) ok next subject ...
I will upgrade  the car in stages to make it like the rich versions..because i hate to have a car in a poor version..but for the money i bought it it was AN EXCELLENT OFFER with 5 years and 4 services for free and of course a beauty and IN MY LIST of the preffered cars!!

I hope i can flood you with pictures soon...

I will look the forum for the USB solution as its the no1 upgrade i will do... I looked over and i saw that my version had auch ein USB port but i don't understand why my car has not one... ANyway ..:)

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :welcum:

Glad to see you are interested in improving your already excellent car. Lots of mods here like LEDs and cameras. Enjoy! :victory:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK

that my version had auch ein USB port but

So you do speak/write German as well...  :snigger: :snigger:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Christechgr

• 2nd Gear

• de Germany
      Stuttgart

Haha sorry i`m confused ...:) I am looking for a solution to that dam.... USB but I didn't found anything...Ok i found the adaptor but what about the harmness ???:(

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
 :mrgreen:

Can't help you there. I've never used the USB connection in my i30... I don't even have music on my phone, I still use cd's to listen to my favourite music.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Haha sorry i`m confused ...:) I am looking for a solution to that dam.... USB but I didn't found anything...Ok i found the adaptor but what about the harmness ???:(

Is it possible you have a hidden USB? Mounted low on the console or in a console box?

Could you just play your music through bluetooth or I guess the other option is to upgrade your stereo to to one with extra features including USB.

Offline Christechgr

• 2nd Gear

• de Germany
      Stuttgart

I don't think so because they have standarised USB panels ...I never saw anything else online...anyway i will find the solution ..I only ask one thing...why i cannot find anywhere HARMNESS to connect the usb to the stereo ? Is it any diagram with the items needed to make this connection ? electrical diagram or something...?

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Are you sure that your model stereo will even connect to an auxiliary panel :undecided: might be why you cant find the wiring harness as your stereo is totally different to our models with the auxiliary panel with usb port

I think you might need to do what Dazzler suggested as an option and install a better stereo with all the features included.

Offline Christechgr

• 2nd Gear

• de Germany
      Stuttgart

I think all radios have the option for USB..i dont think they have the same radio with usb and different with no usb ..because i saw a radio with usb and looks like mine..anyway...
btw yours is an aftermarket stereo in photo ?

Another question ... my 1400cc benzin i30 will handle long trips of 2000km ? or will i have any problems??

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
My stereo is standard factory

I don't think you would get anywhere close to 2000km's from one tank of fuel, I get average 750kms with 1.6ltr.

Offline Christechgr

• 2nd Gear

• de Germany
      Stuttgart

Not from fuel..I mean if the engine will handle those trips..:) because of the small engine...

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Ah now I understand what you mean :snigger: yes you should be fine driving as far as you like :goodjob2:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Another question ... my 1400cc benzin i30 will handle long trips of 2000km ? or will i have any problems??

It will easily do 2k trips, but you will need to fill her up with (juice, petrol, benzin) occasionally. If it's high speed driving just keep a check on the engine oil level at each refueling stop.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I don't think so because they have standarised USB panels ...I never saw anything else online...anyway i will find the solution ..I only ask one thing...why i cannot find anywhere HARMNESS to connect the usb to the stereo ? Is it any diagram with the items needed to make this connection ? electrical diagram or something...?

Part of your problem searching might be the spelling (it is called a wiring harness) not harmness  :goodjob:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
There seems to be some confusion over the radio itself. Is it a Hy standard type or is it a aftermarket one fitted separately. If you can get a model number of the radio, I would recommend searching on the internet to see what plugs are available at the rear of the unit.

If an outlet is present, all you will need to establish USB would be a suitable cable and a spot to attach your USB.
If there is no outlet available on the unit, then the USB function will be more difficult to achieve, but not impossible.

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
The radio in Christechgr's car is Hyundai standard in the low specced range here in Europe. Need to get to the high range to get the big screen radio... :(
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal