i30 Owners Club

A new i30 owner in South Korea

Offline iam30something

• 2nd Gear
Today, my wife and I bought our first car together and obviously it was an i30.  I would tell you more about it, however, most of the info is in Korea, since that is where we live and where we purchased it, but I do know it is the Luxury style (if that means anything to ya'll)...amber red.  I found your site yesterday and have not had the chance to read much on the car, although, I hope to learn more over the next several weeks.  Probably, I am doing this all backwards, but we were looking for a car for several weeks and finally agreed on the i30; ironically (thankfully) it was the very first car that I was pleased with.  We thought about the Click/Getz for awhile and even the KIA Morning, but figured that this would better fit our lifestyle and future plans.  

Let me know if I'm a complete idiot for not getting more info, or you could build my confidence up by telling me that I made the best decision of my life (next to becoming a Christian and marrying my wife!) .  It was ordered today and it will be ready within 20 days.  I'm alil' excited...

Blessings,
me

Offline bdennis

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Mate,
Welcome.!

Yes you have made the right decision..!

Where abouts in South Korea are you? Have been to Seoul twice and Busan once (Day trip on the KTX from Seoul and back) while on holiday there. The Korean people are fantasic people and it is a great place to visit...! I would recomend it to anyone..!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
iam30something.. very good (you'll fit in well)

You are very welcome as a new member (you will be an expert on the i30 by the time it arrives... :D

We might have to check out the Korean site and see what features the luxury get (I'll get my translator working...)

Catch you again soon!

Rgds,

Dazz
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline iam30something

• 2nd Gear
Thank you, both.

My Korean wife and I live in Daegu.  This is the third largest city in Korea (2.5 million).  I'm Canadian and this will be my third year working in Korea, although my wife and I went to Canada last year, so I could begin a masters of divinity.  Now we have to work, so I can finish...

I look forward to learning from the pros...

Blessings.

Offline Seoul-mate

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Anyeong ha sae yo iam30something,  

I must agree with bdennis on both counts!!

Firstly, you made a great decision in buying the i30. I've had mine almost 3 months, done 5000km and
           it still gives me a buzz every time I drive it.

Secondly, Korea is a great place ...love the food and the people. My wife and I have holidayed there
               a few times and travelled all over the place, including Daegu. A number of our Korean friends have
               paid us visits from Korea and we're expecting a friend from Busan to come stay with us for a while this August.  

Look forward to hearing your impressions of the Korean i30 version soon
                   Cheers, Russ
  • i30 1.6 Diesel (03/08- 09/12), MB B200 (09/12 -->)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome iam30something,

You'll find loads of info etc on this site and it is multi national.

Welcome from 1 of the Poms
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi S-M.. hows it going

Was that a typo 500km in 3 months...(did you mean 5000km?) We've done 7500km in just over 3 months..

It will be good for iam30something having you guys to show him around (so to speak)

I tried to translate the Korean i30 site but the way it is set up Yahoo Babel Fish translator didn't seem to work.

I turned one page with the luxury model on it into a PDF but it doesn't tell us much!  8-)

Cheers,

Dazz

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain
Welcome iam30something, you sure made the right chose  ;)

Offline Seoul-mate

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Quote from: "dazzling_darryl"
Hi S-M.. hows it going

Was that a typo 500km in 3 months...(did you mean 5000km?) We've done 7500km in just over 3 months..

Cheers,

Dazz

Yeah....definitely 5000km and not 500km......I have edited that now...thanks Dazz.
So you're up for your 7500km service.....think I've read that you willl get your 7500km service done by an independent garage and provide your own engine oil....is that correct??

regards, Russ
  • i30 1.6 Diesel (03/08- 09/12), MB B200 (09/12 -->)

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi iam30someting,  
Good to have more overseas members, I notice we scored a kiwi today as well.

Love the name, only question is what will you do when you become 40 something?

Maybe there will be a Hyundai i40 by than. :lol:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Russ,

Will have to wait 'til next week when I get some time off to take her in for the interim service at the independent service place I have used for years.

Got my six litres of Castrol Edge sport 5w-30 and my $20.35 genuine diesel Hyundai filter safely stashed. Interestingly it comes as a loose filter without a metal cannister - looks like good quality. The guy in the parts department said they do it that way as they last longer, only have to be changed every 10 or 15k (I had to laugh as I thought most cars these days are the same) :lol:

At this stage I will get my compulsory services (15K & 30K etc...) done by the dealer.

Cheers,

Dazz

Offline iam30something

• 2nd Gear
...they say my car will be in Monday... here's hoping...

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Fingers crossed....

Offline iam30something

• 2nd Gear
...they called today... Tues or Wed now...because of the strike I think.

Offline iam30something

• 2nd Gear
my new i30 is awaiting me to take 'it' (i would say 'her', but my wife doesn't want me to) for a drive.... they delievered to my work an hour ago... 8-)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Good Stuff...

Enjoy your first drive... we wait with anticipation for your feedback!

Rgds,

Dazz

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Quote from: "iam30something"
"It's good."

Gee, No one can say you suffer from diarrhoea, unlike some of us... :oops:

Offline iam30something

• 2nd Gear
Well, the truth is that my wife and I do not have a computer yet, so I can only use my computer at work and we all know how it is not good to be taking personal time during company money...

Also, in Korea, it has been between 34-38 degrees (in the shade) and yesterday after running around, in and out of buildings, classrooms and cars, I seemed to have caught a cold (because of air conditioning).  Therefore, yesterday was somewhat anti-climatic because I wasn't feeling too well and then to top it all off today I brought the spoiler to a guy and he screwed up...

At this moment, I can't talk about that because I think I might cry (not really, but sort of) and I should work...  For now I will say that he ended up drilling a fourth hole in the inside of the hatchback.  Not to mention some non-needed and uncalled for scratches and stress.  

I think God was teaching me a lesson about patience and things.  I need patience.  I don't need things, I want them.

Anyway, that is my short dump.  Sorry, no diarrhea, maybe later.

All in all, I am quite content with the car and grateful that I am able to pay for a new one.

Blessings.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

No Worries iam30something...

I feel guilty now! :shock:  

Hang in there... see you when we see you  ;)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal