i30 Owners Club

17" SR alloys onto a standard SX help.

Schumi5 · 40 · 13994

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
They look really ace!!

Just be careful what you use to clean them, the mirror bits can react badly with some cleaners, and that would really ruin your day.

If only I could find a set... :blubber:
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I must say, that looks very impressive, what a difference. If you haven't already, please get some lock nuts so they are there tomorrow.  :goodjob:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Schumi5

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
I must say, that looks very impressive, what a difference. If you haven't already, please get some lock nuts so they are there tomorrow.  :goodjob:

Hahah yeh will look into that for sure

Beerman: Have also told the wife when she washes it she is to not use ANYTHING on them lol, so she has been warned :)

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
My September 2010 i30 crd premium has the same wheels.

In February 2011 the chrome inserts in all the wheels were replaced under warranty because they had developed blisters after first going slightly milky - like a faulty mirror. This despite the fact that the car had been washed with nothing other than water with Meguiars car shampoo. The dealership told me that it was a regular problem and blamed the winter weather and salt on the roads.

In September 2011 - after a hot dry summer - the car had its first service and I reported that the chrome inserts had again developed blisters in the chrome inserts. I have never used any wheel cleaners or aggressive cleaners of any sort - just Meguiars car shampoo. The inserts are to be replaced again under warranty when I can spare the car for a day.

I hope that you have better luck.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 08:05:21 by AlanHo »
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Pics before & After
They look great (Fergie has those) but they take some looking after  :exclaim:

next step wife wants a spoiler :)
Tell her the butler did it  :winker:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Hahah yeh will look into that for sure

Beerman: Have also told the wife when she washes it she is to not use ANYTHING on them lol, so she has been warned :)

I told my wife always wear her engagement and wedding rings when she left the house......So was surprised when they were stolen in a break in......Motto of the story wives don't listen, but if you get in first they cant whine when things go wrong...... :twisted:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
We both love the look of the SR wheels  :goodjob: 

When I recently test drove a new model Elantra that had SR wheels on it Trish wanted me to swap the wheels over to her CW and hope they didn't notice  :lol:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Played that with a very straight bat (in fact Australia need a defensive batting coach it was that good) Dazzler.....Oh that's right your wife is a member too  :P

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Played that with a very straight bat (in fact Australia need a defensive batting coach it was that good) Dazzler.....Oh that's right your wife is a member too  :P

Yeah.. I've got to be careful  :sweating: :lol:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline trsc27

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
I have 16x7 wheels on my car and havent had any problems with rubbing, however the offest of my wheels is +40 so that may have something to do with it, the offset of the 17x7 inch factory wheels is +56 so if you want to get aftermarket wheels get an offset closer to +40 and you wont have any clearance issues.

Does it still track OK on the highway?
And not want to pull the wheel out of your hands under heavy braking on uneven surfaces?
You've been round Lakeside on them haven't you?

No problems whatsoever, if anything with the wider stance its more balanced and required less input to keep it straight

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal