i30 Owners Club

Finaly Got the Car - Newcastle AUS

ras · 9 · 2774

Offline ras

• 2nd Gear
Well after a few months of membership i have got around to posting in the introduce yourself section.

After close to 4 months wait I got my car last week, cranked 990Kms already, so will be doing the 1month free check in the next week or so.

Have to say it was worth the wait with no real complaints with the car. except the following issue;

Driver seat head rest pulls forward in top of seat - (will be asking them about this in the 1 month checkup)

other than that all has been OK!!

Fuel economy currently on 5.5L/100K...

For anyone who has not tested ABS and braking distance let me say that it works and i stopped a mater of 5cm from the rear end of a Kangaroo at 9pm last friday night, would have been an interseting call to the insurance company after only having the car for 2days not to mention the wait for repairs.

I have fouond this forum really informative and also great to chat with other people going through the same delivery issues.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Ras...

All good..

The head rest is meant to do that (it's called an active headrest) to reduce whiplash in the event of an accident.

If it's sitting too far forward full it up and forward and it should move back a notch or two (there are three settings I think)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline ras

• 2nd Gear
Not sure if this is normal, passanger side does not do it to the same extent, i can actually see the inside of the seat and the metal rode insert pulling up?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Sounds like it might need a check at the 1000 service...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline TiLlA531

• 2nd Gear
Yer take it in for the service and you never know might get a new 1 under warranty if faulty

Offline camerooney

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      South Coast NSW

• NSW Australia

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi Ras,
Glad you are in your car now and racking up the K's now :?

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Raz, Congrats on getting the car.

Enjoy the ride.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
Hey Ras

Good to know everything is going well with your/'my' car (Tongue In Cheek of course!)

As for my real car they have told me I will be driving it out of the dealership Friday arvo.

Although when I went in on Halloween (31Oct) they said I'd be driving it within 10days, so again it's another delay, luckily only a few days.

Regards

Daniel

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal