i30 Owners Club

11,000km without a hitch

Offline justincase42

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Jimboomba, QLD
Just hit 11,000km today with no problems. Averageing  5.4L/100km at the moment. Maximum I have gotten out of a tank is approx 900km. It improving slowly. Travel from the Blue Mountains into Rhodes everyday.
Towed my car trailer today with about 300kg's of fencing on the back. She's tows so well, heaps of power! Very happy!

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
Well done JIC.

Currently I've done just over 5000km with NYE travelling I should crack 6000km pretty soon, I'm currently averaging about 5.8ish. Been enjoying the car to much, now I'm trying to go for economy.

Have you considered attending the Blue Mountains meet on 11Jan09?

Regards

Daniel

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
that's great m8, sounds about right on economy but i can drive 1,100 1,200 on a tank easy. i fill it right up.
did you order your car with tow bar? i have wanted a tow bar for mine but still have not got around to it, my ute has a tow bar so i use that. but would be handy having one on the i30.
ps i have 23,000 trouble free.

Offline justincase42

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Jimboomba, QLD
I should have mentioned its the wifeys car, i drive it once a week if I am lucky. It appears the motor went in my 3 year old Holden Viva....139,000km and its all over folks. Sounds like the cam shafts arent getting any oil, there for the lovely sound of rubbing metal. Will check the oil pressure tomorrow and pull the rocker cover for a look. Hopefully its something else.....not holding my breath!
WIll check roster tomorrow for the 11th Jan run, sounds like fun!
cheers

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I should have mentioned its the wifeys car, i drive it once a week if I am lucky. It appears the motor went in my 3 year old Holden Viva....139,000km and its all over folks. Sounds like the cam shafts arent getting any oil, there for the lovely sound of rubbing metal. Will check the oil pressure tomorrow and pull the rocker cover for a look. Hopefully its something else.....not holding my breath!
WIll check roster tomorrow for the 11th Jan run, sounds like fun!
cheers

Hi Justin.. Pity it wasn't a Hyundai with unlimited KM warranty ...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal