2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Review

eye30 · 5 · 1998

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
http://www.autoguide.com/manufacturer/hyundai/2013-hyundai-sonata-hybrid-review-2593.html

Those comparing numbers from 2012 to 2013 will see an interesting difference. Power is down seven hp, yet torque is up 40 lb-ft. That’s not a typo: the Sonata Hybrid has beefier electric components with its electric motor now putting out 35 kW (from 30 kW in 2012) and the hybrid battery is also upgraded to a maximum output of 47kWs (from 34 kW.) From there, Hyundai tuned the whole powertrain to rely less on its gas motor, and provide more mid-range torque.

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks Lester, I got that link in the Hyundai-Forums newsletter, so I checked it out. Still not available in OZ but I think from reading the review I would have still opted for the Toyota version.

Sounds quite sluggish in their version of eco mode. Mine is still quite zippy in that mode and I have averaged 5.7 LPH which converts to 49 MPG  over the first 6 months (16,000 kms)

http://www.calculateme.com/cGasMileage/LitersPer100kmtoMPG-imperial.htm
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Do you find this Dazz?  :undecided:

One key feature that the Sonata has over its Japanese rival comes with how it drives. The ride is communicative without being too stiff and uncomfortable. Additionally, there is far more steering feel here than what’s offered on the Camry, which is floaty and vague.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Do you find this Dazz?  :undecided:

One key feature that the Sonata has over its Japanese rival comes with how it drives. The ride is communicative without being too stiff and uncomfortable. Additionally, there is far more steering feel here than what’s offered on the Camry, which is floaty and vague.

The ride is a bit firm and the steering a bit vague at the straight ahead position but i would have to drive them back to back to see which I preferred. But as I've said before overall VERY happy .. I pinch myself every day for how lucky I am  :Touch:.

I did about a 15KM loop in Trish's CW the other day to stick some fuel in it and pick up some cupboards and a Rug from Shiploads. Felt very noisy and harsh riding compared to my car  :-[
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal