i30 Owners Club

Brake pads

Offline Duckman

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Hey guys, after my last *cough* advanced driving course (that I never realised was basically a "drive as fast as you can day"), my brake pads glazed over, thus reducing braking power and efficiency. I replaced the brake fluid with higher quality Castrol (Dot 4) fluid.

Anywho, there is still plenty of pad left, I just want to know if it'd be worth de-glazing the brakes myself, using some fine sandpaper, or getting some better pads, which will hopefully be a little better than the original pads.

I saw in the other brake pad upgrade thread that a few guys have taken their pads off. Is that fairly easy? Do you need to bleed brakes and all that, or is it a simple switch?

Offline Zhangster

• 3rd Gear

• dk Denmark
Hey guys, after my last *cough* advanced driving course (that I never realised was basically a "drive as fast as you can day"), my brake pads glazed over, thus reducing braking power and efficiency. I replaced the brake fluid with higher quality Castrol (Dot 4) fluid.

Anywho, there is still plenty of pad left, I just want to know if it'd be worth de-glazing the brakes myself, using some fine sandpaper, or getting some better pads, which will hopefully be a little better than the original pads.

I saw in the other brake pad upgrade thread that a few guys have taken their pads off. Is that fairly easy? Do you need to bleed brakes and all that, or is it a simple switch?

Hi m8

check out this tread.. https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,2232.30.html

i made a little guide to how replace discĀ“s and pads.   :mrgreen:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal