i30 Owners Club

Gorn....

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
It was about this time 10 years ago I decided to move from crusty old Falcon, to a cheeky new i30 diesel. At the time Hyundai was not that well regarded, though the i30 diesel was making a name for itself in the market. I put 140,000 trouble free kms on that car. in 2012 a second i30 diesel joined the stable, a hatch, this one brought a slightly more powerful engine and blue tooth. Yesterday after 153,000km and 2 hours on Gumtree it too found a new home.

With two kids 10 and 13, the good wife wanted more room and a SUV was on the cards. I looked at the offering from both Kia and Hyundai and also the Hybrid Rav from Toyota. Unfortunately, the DPF and price took them out of the contest and on Wednesday Mrs Beer will take delivery of a GXL Rav 4 Hybrid (That I ordered in January).

I still have the i40 and will for some time, but this is the end of the line for me and the i30.  Quite frankly unless there is a change to the line up (hybrid) or the diesel comes down in price (I think they will kill it off soon) I can't see one in my future, but a few years is a long time so we will see what Hyundai dishes up in the future.

I haven't been around here much, a mixture I suspect of work, and I guess a disattachment from the i30 knowing it was on the way out. It has been great to know you all, and some of the tips and help on here have been second to none. Please take care and look after yourselves. 
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Like yourself I also had a need to change the i30 for a Toyota.Although I have not been so active on the forum as I once was. I would be very sad if I was to leave the i30 forum. I have got to know so many members on here and they have always been there for me when I needed advice. Sounds like you are deciding to leave the i30 club. Hope you will stay around as you have been on here for a long while. The Toyota forum is dead compared to this one and now Dazz and myself own Toyotas and possibly a few more it would be nice if you stay so we could follow your thoughts on the new Hybrid Rav.

Cheers John.
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Beerman,  ad Sloop has said. All models welcome.
We've been a 2 Toyota family for three years now.

Stick around mate.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi mate, congrats on the new vehicle. Not a fan of the styling, but like everything else about them like the reliability, economy,  practicality etc..

I'm thinking gorn just relates to the wife's wagon and not you. We'd all love to hear all about the new bus now and ongoing.

The "good" wife.. gee you seem to be mellowing in your old age!  :eek:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I'll still be around. I was refering to the car, not me.  :evil:

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
I'll still be around. I was refering to the car, not me.  :evil:

It was the bit about its been great to know you all that threw me ,  :D  look forward to hearing about the Hybrid.  :goodjob2: :goodjob2: :goodjob2:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
G'day all,

Cant believe its been nearly 5 months.  Flat out like a lizard drinking....

Thought I would give you an update;

The Rav:

Now has 11,000k on it. I am very happy with it (not that I get to drive it much). The good Wife is getting 5.3l/100 which is exceptional I think for a car of its size. They are selling like hot cakes, and I can see why. It is a shame that Hyundai haven't pulled their finger out and increased their hybrid range (though I did read of a hybrid Santa Fa arriving mid 2021).  The kids like the extra room over the i30 (which I sold within 2 hours of putting on Gumtree for what I thought was an excellent price).

The i40.

Now has 76,000km on it. It has been a good car, though had a clutch pack replaced under warranty at 70k. At my last service they stated it needed new rotors and brake pads, though they still had some life left. If they are that shitty (the CW I sold at 140k with original pads and rotors, I will go aftermarket.  Still plenty of tread on the original tyres.
 It took another hit to the rear in May, poor bugger.

As for me personally, as I said, flat out, and Covid just made things busier. But life is good! I hope you are all well.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I didn't realise how much I'd missed you until you came back on.. LOL

Thanks for the update.. pity the RAV is so ugly if it looked like a Tucson I'd order one tomorrow.

Being a VIP you can read how busy I've been if you've got the time.  :mrgreen:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal