I'm Having a Covid Jab Next Thursday

AlanHo · 16 · 2788

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I was surprised to receive a very welcome phone call this afternoon from our doctor's surgery.  They have booked a vaccination appointment for me at 7:10 pm next Thursday 17th Dec.

The surgery will be working 8 am to 8pm every day next week jabbing us poor frail "over" 80 year olds commencing Monday.

I guess I'm near the tail of the list because they are possibly starting with the eldest vulnerable ones and working down in age order. I'm only 83. Several local surgeries in our area are involved - the jabs being done at a large health centre a couple of miles from home.

My wife has to wait until they clear the plus 80's and start on the over 75's
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I take that as good news.. Wish they'd do me.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
May be you could help out at the appointment by supporting the NHS by wearing your nurses outfit.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline tohis

• V.I.P

• fi Finland
      Liperi
For now I can only dream and wait for the cholera.. um, Corolla.. no, corona shots to arrive. Looks like the EU bureaucrats aren't in a hurry to grant the permission, and I'm not among the first to receive it anyway. It's easily 4 to 6 more months to wait...  :confused:

At last week I had to go to the Covid test instead. The result was negative, so it was only some casual flu I was having, but in these times you know better than ignore it like before.
  • 2017 Toyota Auris Hybrid Touring Sports, ( Ex 2013 i30 GD Wagon 1.6CRDi 6MT )

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
May be you could help out at the appointment by supporting the NHS by wearing your nurses outfit.

:judges:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I take that as good news.. Wish they'd do me.
Maybe Alan could 'do' you.  :whistler:  :lol:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
Many million people ahead of me in the queue. More jabs than we have ordered from Pfizer.

Offline Mark65

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England
Your choice mate, I won't be having any vaccine put in me for something that you need testing to see if you've had it.
I don't believe any of it, think about it, billions poured into it and no accountability for where the money has gone, no one seems to be dying fro flu or influenza any more, governments own site tells you it doesn't matter what you really died of as long as they get a positive test from their flawed test kits you have died from covid not chance, heart failure ext.
The big pharma will make this a yearly shot like the flu shot and make billions out of it and the sheep will follow, follow the numbers, research real death rates, take away all the cancer, heart, and other diseases from the bullshit list and underlying condition and the numbers will fall like domino's, even 70k dead out of 70 million is nothing.
We die from illness and viruses all the time.
Your being controlled by mind games getting you used to what you can and can't do.
Be ready for the mandatory jab, if that happens we are screwed.
Just my thought anyway.
  • i30 CRDi

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Your choice mate, I won't be having any vaccine put in me for something that you need testing to see if you've had it.
I don't believe any of it, think about it, billions poured into it and no accountability for where the money has gone, no one seems to be dying fro flu or influenza any more, governments own site tells you it doesn't matter what you really died of as long as they get a positive test from their flawed test kits you have died from covid not chance, heart failure ext.
The big pharma will make this a yearly shot like the flu shot and make billions out of it and the sheep will follow, follow the numbers, research real death rates, take away all the cancer, heart, and other diseases from the bullshit list and underlying condition and the numbers will fall like domino's, even 70k dead out of 70 million is nothing.
We die from illness and viruses all the time.
Your being controlled by mind games getting you used to what you can and can't do.
Be ready for the mandatory jab, if that happens we are screwed.
Just my thought anyway.
That may be just your thoughts but all of your post is suggesting that others on here who disagree with you are idiots. Just because OUR research suggests something different.
There are plenty of intelligent people in this world who disagree with you.
They can't all be stupid.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Dude, 'they'? I thought you were in the 'we'!
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Dude, 'they'? I thought you were in the 'we'!
Just trying to stay aside.   :victory:

Offline Mark65

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England
We all have our own thoughts on it, so enjoy that freedom as long as you have it, my beliefs are mine and yours are yours and I respect that, do I expect it all to normal by spring as our government says... No of course not, it would be nice if it was but I expect more excuses to keep control over the country but time will tell.

Haha, tonight's news, we all of a sudden have a new varient down south that spreads very fast, you can't make this shit up, lock down 3 on its way?.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 18:12:36 by Mark65 »
  • i30 CRDi

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I'm with Trevor, surferdude on this but each to their own.

I'm amazed how rife this anti-vaccer /conspiracy theory has become.

As a relatively high risk person with regards Covid (64 with a chronic illness) who likes to enjoy life to the full, I'd rather take my chances with a new vaccine than a dose of Covid.

I have noted that most conspiracy theorists and anti-vaccers are generally from younger and lower risk sections of the community.

Offline Mark65

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England
Hi,
I'm 55 and in my 4th year recovering from cancer, I'm not an anti vaxxer but all this makes no sense from a government that is full of sh*t.
My next door neighbour was confirmed with it, at 76 and said it was like the flu but a bit worse, 2 weeks later she's back to normal.
  • i30 CRDi

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi,
I'm 55 and in my 4th year recovering from cancer, I'm not an anti vaxxer but all this makes no sense from a government that is full of sh*t.
My next door neighbour was confirmed with it, at 76 and said it was like the flu but a bit worse, 2 weeks later she's back to normal.

Apparently it depends how strong a dose you get. The way I read it is if you just get a light dose, a but like a like dose of the flu, you can be lucky like your neighbour was. But unfortunately many are still succumbing to it.

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Hi,

Apparently it depends how strong a dose you get. The way I read it is if you just get a light dose, a but like a like dose of the flu, you can be lucky like your neighbour was. But unfortunately many are still succumbing to it.
Yep over a million and a half.

But.............

"The big pharma will make this a yearly shot like the flu shot and make billions out of it and the sheep will follow, follow the numbers, research real death rates, take away all the cancer, heart, and other diseases from the bullshit list and underlying condition and the numbers will fall like domino's, even 70k dead out of 70 million is nothing.
We die from illness and viruses all the time."

.....Apparently not.  :crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1: :mrgreen:

In Australia, thanks in a large part to more awareness of keeping your hands clean and related guidelines. this winter the incidence of hospitalization from influenza has been dramatically reduced (like, down to about 10% of past years in some areas). But despite all the guidelines, COVID still broke out several times.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal