i30 Owners Club

Fog light issues - i30

Offline XxPamxX

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Lanarkshire, Scotland
I have a I30 2015 with 32k mileage. So last week I’ve had to use the fog lights (probs for the 2nd or 3rd time since 2015) however the fog lights wouldn’t work. Went for the MOT yesterday and the car failed on the fog lights not working. The mechanics managed to get it working again to pass the Mot, but says it will fail to work again, and if it does the I’ve to go back to the garage. So I’ve had the headlights on, and try to put fog lights on and nothing ! Trying it with side lights produced the same result. Then I’ve put full beam on, and finally got both front and back lights to work. Now because I haven’t really used the fog lights, I can’t remember if it’s normal for them to only work when the high beam has been selected ! Has anyone else had issues with their Fog lights failing to work as they should ? Is it a manufacturer fault ? Is it an easy fix ? I’m out of warranty now, so am I best to go to the dealership - which is 20 miles min, or take it back to my usual independent local garage ? Any advice is greatly appreciated- my knowledge level is around basic  maintenance, and my previous Focus didn’t have this issue (and had a heated front window - a must in Scotland, a feature greatly missed)
  • Hyundai I30 1.4

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hi XxPamxX and  :welcum:

The mechanics managed to get it working again to pass the Mot, but says it will fail to work again
Did your mechanics say what they had to do to get them working?
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal